Curvemeister 3.0.18 is available

New versions of Curvemeister, including bug fixes and features, are discussed here.

Postby -default » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:02 pm

The 32 bit versions of Curvemeister 3.0.18 are available in the download locations for the respective products.  I recommend that you upgrade to this version - beta versions expired on Jan 1, and older production versions of curvemeister will be missing some significant improvements.  Barring any significant problems, this is planned to be the final release of Curvemeister 3.

You can access the latest version by clicking on the "check for updates" command in Start>Program Files>Curvemeister.com.

Due to installer issues on certain systems, the 64 bit version of Curvemeister is still in beta.  There will be subsequent releases of the Curvmeister 3 64 bit version to address these issues.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:38 pm

Mike,
I have had this version fail and Kill PS or PSE with the same error.  It is very consistent and persistent.  I have un-installed and re-installed 3.015 and the error is still there...

See attached.

Greg
Attachments
shot1-jpg-94
shot1-jpg-94 (202.31 KiB) Viewed 10182 times

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:19 pm

Ah Greg - great trail blazing.
I can not follow suit as when I click on check for updates (in v3.0.5) it says
http://www.curvemeister.com/support/Curvemeister3/?3.0.5.0
Page not found
Ditto with
http://www.curvemeister.com/support/Curvemeister3/index.htm

So how did you get hold of it?
Zog

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:10 pm

From the Beta group posting....
Mike may need to adjust his posting a bit...

Greg

Postby -default » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Thanks, Chris. That particular link has been missing for several months - fixed now.

Postby -default » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Mike,
I have had this version fail and Kill PS or PSE with the same error.  It is very consistent and persistent.  I have un-installed and re-installed 3.015 and the error is still there...

See attached.

Greg

Thanks, Greg.  I get a slightly different crash when running the elements only version, but not when I run the full version of curvemeister.

I can't quite see from your screen shot which version you're using.  I'm 99% sure you're seeing the problem with the full version of Curvemeister.  I'll concentrate for now on the problem I'm seeing on my system, and add a warning to the elements download web page to use 3.0.15 for the time being.

It looks like you are still getting the error with v3.0.15?  This seems like a missing or damaged dll issue then.

Postby -default » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:12 pm

[re new version 3.0.18]

So how did you get hold of it?
Zog

Sorry, I missed your second question, Chris.
You can also get the installer at the CM download location.

Mike

RonBoyd

Postby RonBoyd » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:23 pm

The 32 bit versions of Curvemeister 3.0.18 are available in the download locations for the respective products.  I recommend that you upgrade to this version - beta versions expired on Jan 1, and older production versions of curvemeister will be missing some significant improvements. 

Mike,

I went throught the installation process -- including answering "Yes" to uninstalling the previous version. After Installation, the "About" function shows v3.0.8 -- same as it did before the Installation. Would that be correct behavior?

Ron

Postby -default » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi Ron,

This is definitely not the expected behavior.  The installer did not find your previous version to perform an un-install, and probably installed the new version in the wrong place.  Needless to say, this is not satisfactory and I'd like to figure out what happened.

One possibility that comes to mind is that you have UAC enabled on Vista, and/or the account that you used to perform the install does not have admin permissions.  If that doesn't ring a bell, let me know.  I'd like to chase down this problem as soon as possible.

RonBoyd

Postby RonBoyd » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi Ron,

This is definitely not the expected behavior.  The installer did not find your previous version to perform an un-install, and probably installed the new version in the wrong place.  Needless to say, this is not satisfactory and I'd like to figure out what happened.

One possibility that comes to mind is that you have UAC enabled on Vista, and/or the account that you used to perform the install does not have admin permissions.  If that doesn't ring a bell, let me know.  I'd like to chase down this problem as soon as possible.

Actually, I installed it by right-clicking on the .exe file and clicking on "Run as Administrator." (I did not have any other programs open at the time of the installation.) Interestingly, "Control Panel>Uninstall or Change Program" shows the version as 3.0.18. FWIW, it did act like it was uninstalling the old version... asking for confirmation to delete possible shared files, for instance.

Where else would the program have been installed if not in "Program Files."

I installed it on a Windows Vista Machine running Photoshop PS3. (I just restarted Photoshop and it still shows version 3.0.8.)

Return to “Announcements and New Versions”