Curvemeister 3.0.18 is available

New versions of Curvemeister, including bug fixes and features, are discussed here.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:19 pm

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:45 am

Julie,
Try the latest release version.  I'm not having any trouble with 3.0.19
Greg

Hi Greg

I downloaded 3.0.19. I now have hue clocks in CMYK. Still no luck with pins though. I can access the pin file and open it but if I click save or open, only the name appears on the curvemeister ribbon with (0) beside it. If I then go back into the file in goodies it is empty. I hav no idea wht is going on. Sometimes if I hit refresh all pins the empty label goes away and sometimes it stays. Can you help? I can live with it as nature and people are sitting where they belong but I would like to use the SHN skin tones

thanks
Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Julie,
You have found a Bug!

I'll write it up for Mike...The Work around is to manually copy the pin file you want to add over to the correct directory in Windows.  Mike has the pin files as a .txt file that you can edit using NotePad.  In fact that is the editor request that is failing for you. 

The files live in the folder as shown in the screen shot.  The application data folder might be hidden on your PC.  Let me know if you cannot find the folder and I'll help more...

Greg
Attachments
shot1-jpg-89
shot1-jpg-89 (22.09 KiB) Viewed 9630 times

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Greg

I'm not sure if its a good thing I found that bug!
I will need more instructions from you. I am not on my computer at the moment but I think the txt files are in Swatches - goodies (maybe the other way around).
One problem is that once I have attempted to access a pin file it is then empty in the program files. The name and folder still exists but it has nothing in it. I know I can fix this by downloading it again but Mike might need to know this.
Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:08 am

Julie,
Are you saying that the information in the file is gone. or that the file is not visible in CM??
When I create a pin I have to save all pins at the end or they do go away...
I'm not sure that this is the default behavior but When I save the pin using the save all pins command then it sticks.

Greg
Attachments
screenshot001-jpg-93
screenshot001-jpg-93 (39.38 KiB) Viewed 9630 times

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:15 am

Greg

This is what is happening

I click on existing pin
go to new pin file
chose a file and click open
the tab with 0 sits in my pin file ribbon.

If I repeat this the file is still visible but it has nothing in it, all information gone.

However
if  I click on existing pin
and go to open pin file
choose a file and click open
it sits in the pin ribbon with the pins visible.
If I click on save all pins before exiting CM nothing happens. The new pins are gone when I reopen. Occasionally I get a warning that they have not been saved.
But when I go back to the same pin file the information is still there

Hope this helps. BTW I'm still having fun with it but have needed to go back to the class notes. Its easy to fall into the habit of just using the same techniques all the time.

Julie

Postby -default » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:57 am

Julie and Greg,

I've found a serious problem with the way that pin files are handled in 3.0.19, and I believe I have a solution to the problem.  This is probably the same bug that causes a crash on certain other systems.  I'll be spending some time later today (Saturday) rolling a new release, and hopefully this will solve the problem that Julue is reporting.

Mike

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:11 am

Hi there

just to let you know hue clocks in CMYK have stopped working again
Julie

Postby -default » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:19 am

I should have the latest version, 3.2.0 out soon.  I will check the cmyk hue clocks before releasing, and make sure they are working.

Postby -default » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 am

Well, the end of Sunday is almost here, and 3.2.0 is still not off  the production line.  Soon!!!

Return to “Announcements and New Versions”