2018 shots

Found an Interesting Image? Link it here...
sjordan93436

2018 shots

Postby sjordan93436 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:33 pm

2018 was not a banner year for Photos for me. My son's family photos are not to be put online. I did travel to the Baltic states and Russia.
The SpaceX photo was difficult.

Comments are appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_1805.jpg
Estonia
IMG_1455.jpg
IMG_1414.jpg
IMG_0843-Edit.jpg
Daughter
_E8A5063.jpg
_E8A4979.jpg
Disney hall
spacex18-1.jpg
SpaceX launch over ranch
IMG_2128.jpg
Lithuania
IMG_2079.jpg
Lithuania

Tildy

Re: 2018 shots

Postby Tildy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:12 am

Hi sjordan! These are great shots -- thank you for sharing! The SpaceX one is amazing -- really well-framed -- and the shot of the three kids is beautiful.

I don't know if this is what this section of the CM site is for, but I had a small suggestion and made an edit of the Moscow pic. It's very quick-and-dirty, so you'll see that it's far from perfect, but with more careful work, I think it could be straightened this way using Puppet Warp or another kind of warping (although I haven't used any of the other types available in Photoshop). Do others agree, or is there an easier way? There probably is :D

IMG_1455 warp.jpg

gregmeister_admin

Postby gregmeister_admin » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:56 pm

Tilde and Steve,
That one looks like a great candidate for the Lens correction feature of PS. Use the perspective tools in there to change the frame and take out the trapezoid feel.

Greg

P.S. Welcome Back Steve!
Seeing is more than meets the eye.

Greg Groess
Curvemeister Instructor

sjordan93436

Postby sjordan93436 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:34 pm

(I was on vacation).

The Moscow shot does need a warp. I am not going to print that big since it is not personal.

The Disney Hall photo is personal. Th girl on the steps is my granddaughter. The photographer with his back is my son. The detail enlarged is great. You can read the names on the wall.

The SpaceX photo is from my ranch. For me very unique. I do not grow artichokes with a good vantage. I had to do a focus stack (carefullY) then do the launch. Then used multiple exposures to get the long trail. Then the missile itself was in focus. I hope when i blow it up it does not "fall apart" since some will look closely.

The three children is an homage to an older photo of children, but the prior generation looking over a sunset in Mexico.

The belly sunset is my daughter at our vacation home in Laguna.

The child smelling the flowers, wedding shot, and bride party were from the Baltic states. I visited Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. These were slice of life photos showing happy citizens. The child smelling flowers includes a sign for Sangria. Sangria is the name for my best red artichoke.

These are personal photos with stories that I like. I did not want to tell the story, I just hoped the photos would tell a story.

Gregg, I have photo I will post that has confounded me for a while. I will do another post.

Alex61

Postby Alex61 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:43 pm

sjordan93436 wrote:(I was on vacation).

The Moscow shot does need a warp. I am not going to print that big since it is not personal.

The Disney Hall photo is personal. Th girl on the steps is my granddaughter. The photographer with his back is my son. The detail enlarged is great. You can read the names on the wall.

The SpaceX photo is from my ranch. For me very unique. I do not grow artichokes with a good vantage. I had to do a focus stack (carefullY) then do the launch. Then used multiple exposures to get the long trail. Then the missile itself was in focus. I hope when i blow it up it does not "fall apart" since some will look closely.

The three children is an homage to an older photo of children, but the prior generation looking over a sunset in Mexico.

The belly sunset is my daughter at our vacation home in Laguna.

The child smelling the flowers, wedding paris cdg car service, and bride party were from the Baltic states. I visited Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. These were slice of life photos showing happy citizens. The child smelling flowers includes a sign for Sangria. Sangria is the name for my best red artichoke.

These are personal photos with stories that I like. I did not want to tell the story, I just hoped the photos would tell a story.

Gregg, I have photo I will post that has confounded me for a while. I will do another post.

You really have a beautiful family!

Return to “Interesting Images”