new install won't work - not registered

New versions of Curvemeister, including bug fixes and features, are discussed here.
DougS

Re: new install won't work - not registered

Postby DougS » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:03 pm

Sorry to say, nothing changed.

I removed the .8bf in wrong place and replaced the Adobe cc2018 location .8bf with the Curvemeister3.8bf (they were exactly the same file size)

Tried 2 different image files in Ps and also Lab and RGB color spaces in CM.
CM working OK; just that the hue clock does not display; not ever in upper right of curves window.
I tried no hue clock, clock only, and clock with text...all = same = nothing displayed.
I tried setting using both the wrench icon and the arrow icon and via main window menu....set as hue+text; still no display of hue clock. (Tho it works OK in my win7 PC).

PS {And experienced the known bug of marking a point (works OK, hue clock window shows OK like prev. post) and delete will crash Ps...first time for me, but Ps restart was fine.}

Doug

gregmeister_admin

Postby gregmeister_admin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:25 am

I'll re-send this to Mike...
Hang in there we'll figure this out.

Greg
Seeing is more than meets the eye.

Greg Groess
Curvemeister Instructor

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi Guys,

I got a message from Greg referencing this thread. I'll take a look later today and see if I can figure out what might be happening. Sorry for the trouble!

Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:01 pm

OK - no solution so far.

One thing to try - turn off your graphics card acceleration, instructions at the link below.
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/hardware- ... -windows-7

If that fixes the issue, I would recommend that you update your graphics driver - the link for this is manufacturer dependent

Will keep you posted on anything I find.

Mike

DougS

Postby DougS » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:33 am

OK I'll take a look,
but this is a new PC and via Dell, has been updated to latest drivers (and checked every 3 days) (tho may be another vid card driver not yet approved from vid card mfr). I won't install any Microsoft driver unless it is theirs for their s/w.
I'll look for new vid card driver from card mfr.

All other graphics working well incl Photoshop and Envisioneer, 1Note, etc. I don't do games at all.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:24 am

Hi Doug,

The driver issue seems like a long-shot then. Rather than check drivers, etc, it's probably easier to just turn off acceleration and see if the problem goes away, and only pursue a newer driver if this is the case.

Mike

Return to “Announcements and New Versions”