Hue clock

Have an installation or other curvemeister related problem? Ask your question here and it shall be answered.
mburke

Postby mburke » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:37 pm

Hi,

New user, downloaded program last nite. In the area of the screen where the curve graphs are the first time I went into CM the hue clock was in the upper right corner. As soon as I dragged the screen it disappeared and never came back. The only way I got it to come back was to uninstall CM and reinstall. I can get the hue clock to appear in the picture when I create a point with the eye dropper.

Also, where does CM save the curves (which folder)?

I am sure I'll have more questions as I dig deeper.

Mike

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:39 pm

Hi Mike.
Thanks for using Curvemeister!

Curvemeister saves Curves as ACV files every time you apply the curve.  In the CM interface you can click on the Curves Tab Then go to the right hand side of the interface and select the history drop down and "browse" your history.  Every Curve you have applied in CM should be saved there. See screen shot attached:

You can show hue clocks on your image by holding down the Alt key and clicking on the image and that should place a floating hue clock on the image.  If you are talking about the main hue clock in the interface screen upper right hand corner you should not be able to make that go away.  I would be interested in hearing more about how you made it go away.

We are always glad to help and we do have a CM101 class that covers a lot of material on the interface and how to use curves in general. 
If you have a question please feel free to post it and we'll do our best to answer it.  Have you watched the CM videos on YouTube or the website?  there is a ton of information in them.

Let us know how we can help!
Greg
Attachments
capture-jpg-15
capture-jpg-15 (45.99 KiB) Viewed 13684 times

mburke

Postby mburke » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Program is very nice. I have seen quite a few of the videos.

I've attached a screen shot showing the hue clock missing in the upper right corner. It disappeared the first time I opened the program and tried to make the curves side bigger by dragging the edge of the curves box. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled and it came back until I tried to resize.

Also when I press F1 for help I get a message that the help file is corrupted or some such verbiage. I've downloaded the PDF file which works fine.
Attachments
screen-grab-1-jpg-7
screen-grab-1-jpg-7 (338.99 KiB) Viewed 13684 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:16 pm

I cannot make the hue clock disappear like you have...I have un-docked the panel and moved it to all corners of the frame but the hue clock sticks with it.  Interesting...

I'll make sure Mike sees this thread he may have some programming ideas....

As for the help file the F1 does not work for me either but...if you look in the help menu you can access it by clicking the "?" symbol.

Greg

geigy

Postby geigy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:13 am

This is a somewhat unusual problem, with the hue clock not showing up.  I'll try to re-create it on my system. - Mike

mburke

Postby mburke » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:09 am

I reinstalled again and the first time I opened CM the hue clock was in the upper right corner as it should be. I grabbed the left side of the curves panel and pulled left and the clock disappeared. I can not seem to get it back unless I reinstall. I've done this 4 times and it reacts the same each time. ??? Everything else seems ok.

mburke

Postby mburke » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:45 pm

I tried one more install to see if it would work in CS6 and it did exactly the same thing. The first time I opened it there was the hue clock. When I tried to widen the curve view the clock would disappear. When I opened a picture in either CS6 or CC I used different pictures. Some were raw, some tiff, some jpg. It made no difference.

I have Windows 7, Intel I-7 860, 8g ram, 2.8ghz, 1tb hd installed, 1tb hd external, Windows 7 Home Premium w/SP1

I have now tried 5 installs of Curvemeister3-64 3.8.2 Before those 5 Installed Curvemeister3-64 3.8.1. I used the Windows uninstall program. I am not sure that completely removed the old installs. I know I tried the CM uninstall at least one time but it didn't seem to do much.

geigy

Postby geigy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:34 pm

You are running very close to the same versions of Windows and Photoshop that I use - I use Windows 8 and Photoshop CC, and previously I used WIndows 7 and CS5/CS6 - I think Greg was running CS6 until a few days ago.

I'm coming up dry on recreating this problem.  Perhaps someone else has run into it.  Maybe I'm not resizing the curves window the same way that you are - what part of the interface are you clicking and dragging on?  The curve window is actually a resizeable and dockable panel.  Perhaps you are resizing it in a way that I haven't tried yet?  The installer has an option to reset the Curvemeister registry settings - have you tried doing that?

Sorry about the trouble.  Would like to solve this for you, I'm just not able to recreate it at the moment.

Mike

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Mike and Mike,
On my laptop I has CS6 and 3.8.2.  I cannot make the display mess up like this but....

I noticed in his screen shot that the SmartObject Scroll is also missing. 
Is there a DLL or OCX file that drives that part of the program?

Greg

geigy

Postby geigy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:37 am

Very good guess, Greg, but all the OCX functionality was removed a couple of releases ago. 

I'm thinking this is a window resize issue.  During install, there will be a dialog asking whether to reset the curvemeister settings or not.  If you say yes, CM will come up with completely default settings that would ordinarily be carried over between installs.

Mike

Return to “Curvemeister Support”