Week 1 Link

This forum is for the 201 Class preview testers and discussion.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:26 pm

No I like it...

One of the best training's I have ever done was one where others who were content experts messed something up and we only had 15 minutes to figure it out.  The troubles had to be real ones that would be seen in the real experience and not some "one off" exercise to twist the mind.

I'll look at the changes int he context of the whole week and see if adding that gives more weight to splitting week one into 2 weeks.

Greg

imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:18 pm

Thanks a lot for all the work so far Greg. Hope you had at least an hour or so of Christmas for yourself :D
I'm quite impressed so far and really looking forward to this course. I could get 8 differences within the first 10 minutes and getting back later I got another one; only 9.
Because we work with colour correction in CM, I suspected a colour-cast, which is one of my 9. Realised how difficult it is to work without the hue-clock; I can see a colour difference, but I don't know what colour.  I know I tend to see the trees and miss the forest.
I think this could be a bit much for one week and I agree with Art about more altered images to practice on. I use to be a glider (sailplane) pilot and we were taught what to look for and how to look for it and it is only by repetition and training that you learn to be more aware of what to see.  I guess some people are more "visual" than others and will therefor need more time.
Kind regards
Martin

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:35 pm

No Color Cast was added...Scratch that off your list.

I had a fine Christmas and I have been working on getting the images and videos ready for Week 2 and 3.  Not there yet but getting better.
Part of the later assignment is to do the ring around prints which highlights the problems with "slight color" casts.

These are fun visual puzzles but the idea is to get you to look at an image longer...and deeper looking for problems and identifying things you want to fix.
The conference call will include more about the use of a layer for visual notes and making a list of the items you want or need to fix.

Greg

imported_artmar

Postby imported_artmar » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:59 pm

Greg,

The link seems to be problematic again -- not loading, just the "waiting for curvemeister.com"

Cheers.
Art

imported_artmar

Postby imported_artmar » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:42 pm

Is anyone else having a problem with the site link again, or is it just me?

Art

imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:11 pm

You're not alone, me too :'(

imported_artmar

Postby imported_artmar » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Thanks, good to have company  :D

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Alright...
We had a plug-in crash the new site and i have had to learn a whole lot more about Websites that I really didn't want to know.

We'll keep going until we get it right.

Please try again...It "Should work now".  It might be extremely slow to load...It took my PC 25-30 seconds...Please be patient...

Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi
Unfortunately this has been a bad few days at work.
Have not wanted to do anything at the end of the day.
Hopefully will get to do more tonight
Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:12 pm

No worries Julie...
I have plenty of time...

Considering this has been in the planning stages for.....FOREVER... ::)

Return to “CM201 Beta Testers”