Getting Started in the Forum

Found an Interesting Image? Link it here...

Postby -default » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:41 pm

Welcome to the Curvemeister Community! 

The latest release is Curvemeister 3.8.1, as of January 2013.

If you are here to join the Curvemeister class, please scroll down to the section named Classes in the main window for the forum, and post a message in the class group to signify that you want to join the class.

Much of this forum is devoted to Curvemeister related issues, any and all subjects related to color as it applies to digital photography is appropriate here. 

This is also the new home of the Curvemeister Challenge, where you may compare your work with others.  You may use any tools or methods you wish to improve a particular challenge image, and compare your results with others.

This is a web based board.  You will be notified by email only when a topic that you are interested in receives a new message.  You may set an option in your profile to automatically notify you when someone posts an answer to a question you posted, or click on the "Notify" tab if you just want to watch what happens on a particular topic. 

You may read messages and look at images without joining the board.  You must join the board to post your own material.  After you join, there is a profile section where you may provide personal imformation.  I urge you to use your actual name, so that people know twho they are communicating with, but this is not required.  An image of some sort is helpful for identifying your messages to others, but it need not be an actual picture of yourself.  Your age is not important, only your interest in better images.  You have the option to hide your email address from other members, and I recommend that you do so.

Before sharing an image here, please be sure that you have the legal right use that image before posting it as an attachment, or uploading it to the gallery.  This means having ownership of the image, and signed releases for any people in the image.  By the same token, images that are shared in this forum are still covered under copyright protection, and should not be used outside of the forum without the written permission of the owner.

This is a no flame zone.  Personal remarks and criticisms can be very painful to some people.  Please treat others with courtesty, and when that is not possible, ignore them.

Once again, welcome, and remember to have fun, and ask your questions early and often!

Mike Russell
Greg Groess
Lee Harper
der Curvemeisters

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu May 11, 2006 2:20 am

Mike,
    I hope this new forum goes well for you. I still belive curvemeister is one of the best packages one can have for colour correction. I am happy I upgraded to ver. 2
          Barry :)

geigy

Postby geigy » Thu May 11, 2006 8:39 am

Mike,
    I hope this new forum goes well for you. I still belive curvemeister is one of the best packages one can have for colour correction. I am happy I upgraded to ver. 2
           Barry :)

Thanks, Barry.  I'm hoping that this forum will be a useful and friendly place to discuss photoshop and photography issues, with an emphasis on color correction issues

I want Curvemeister customers to have an edge in their tools, and their knowledge of color correction, and if this forum can also help others in their process of learning, so much the better.

Mike

DougJ

Postby DougJ » Fri May 12, 2006 5:13 am

Hi Mike,

I was in your January 2006 class and am happy to have found my way to this version of the CurveMeister forum.

This is a great improvement over the Yahoo effort.

I wish you every success with this forum.

Ciao,

Doug

Postby -default » Fri May 12, 2006 5:57 am

Hi Doug,

Good to hear from you again!  Yes, I'm looking forward to what everyone can do with the new setup, particularly with the ability to post images, and separate things into categories.

Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:11 pm

Hello, I'm new to curvemeister forum, and unfornately I can't find any FAQ for the classes. Due to the fact that I'm not in the same continent than you are, and that english is not my native language, I would like to know the way the classes run so I'll know if I can join the class or not (cause' of the time difference). I would not join and cannot be able to participate. Hope  it's the right place to post (sorry if it's not). Thank you all.

Infinitech

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:03 pm

The Curvemeister classes are self directed weekly class assignments. 
The process is as follows:

Weekly you are notified of a new set of instructions and images to be downloaded. 
You then download and work on the images. 

You post your results to the forum group for your class and they are discussed and improvement suggestions are given.
The class is 4 weeks in duration and you have 1 week for each assignment.  Many people spend 4-6 hours per week working on the class but most can finish in less time.  It is completely dependent on how far you want to go with the weekly assignments.
Many people have taken the class 2 or more times...

Please feel free to ask more questions as needed. 

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:53 pm

thank you, I think I'll join the next one (may 6?) I think I'll find the time to do these classes. Thanks again

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:41 am

Mike.....My hard drive died, had to refomat..I have my SN and Transaction number.....Please advise ......Pete

Postby -default » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:30 am

HI Pete - I'll send you an email with your serial number and installation info. If your email address has changed, or you do not receive it for any reason, post here again.

Mike

Return to “Interesting Images”