Londonflower - Thomas

This board is for the January 2009 Curvemeister 101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:44 pm

I thought this picture was a bit difficult. First example I do not quite remeber what I did only that I applied an inverse mask to increase light in shadows. Sent it because it was one of my better tries. In second example I did two corrections in RGB. Both using neutral in pavement and fine adjusting BTN. Then I did a final correction in Lab incresing light in picture and a bit desaturation.

In example 1 I think roses look better and shadows are better. In example 2 I prefer the overall colour. What do you think?

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:52 pm

and here is a third alternative where I took example 2 and applied a saturation mask and increased colour/saturation of roses only.
Thomas

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:07 pm

Thomas there is a reddish brown cast over the building that you might be able to address by adjusting the A curve in lab.  See if you can create a contrast pin in the A Channel and then without twisting it too much pull both points down as linked just a few points to make the building look better. 

It might effect the neutral and you may have to set a new one...Also the skin tone is a bit to red at this time.  The move in A might fix this.

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:11 pm

Here is a try according to your advice. But to set new neutral in pavement did not work. Cast came back. And neutral in pavement is not good. Tricky thing.
Thomas

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:13 pm

You have lost the ugly cast but the roses are orange....

If you are in LAB try pinning the green side of the curve down and adjusting the roses.  In RGB make sure you restrict the adjustment to just the part of the R curve that effects the roses...

You are very close....
Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:30 pm

Greg
Agree. Depends on that I used example 2 above as a starting point. Here is a new try but did it in a slightly other way. Applied a mask of a channel and then increased red in lab mode.
Thomas
PS Hmmm. Seems jpeg compression reduced red a bit. Is that possible?DS

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:33 am

your version is very nice...I tried to make improvements and found that no matter what I did I ended up in a position I did not like.  The only improvement I could make was to make the yellow sign brighter yellow but that is so minor I hate to even bring it up.

Good Work!
Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 January 2009”