My experience of the new forum

**If you came here to upgrade to the newest Curvemeister, Downloads are listed below**
The curvemeister forum has been recreated from the ground up, and we are excited about it.
We hope that the new features will make up for any growing pains associated with this process.  Please post here if you have any questions or comments about how we can make the new forum meet your needs.

Mike

If you were redirected here for a download, please click on the link that matches the product you purchased:

Download the demo
Download the 32 bit version of Curvemeister for Photoshop and Elements
Download the 64 bit version of Curvemeister for Photoshop and Elements
Download the 32 bit version of Curvemeister for Elements
Ganna

Postby Ganna » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:14 am

Mike, thank you for improving the forum. I'm sure there are many behind the scene advantages to it. Just my 2c worth:
1. I missed the old forum in that at first glance I could see the latest postings. Now I have to scroll all the way and laook at all.
2. I don't know if its just here, but the new forum takes much longer to open, its slow in comparison to the old one.
3. I used to use the spellchecker in the previous one, so please forgive me for mistakes now.
Hope this is of value.
Have a wonderfull Easter
Martin

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your suggestions. I like the old forum better too, frankly. We have big plans for the site, including centralized management of classes, product, and serial numbers. In order to do that, we had to have user accounts, and that required that we merge the old forum capability into the new forum. The first part of that task is completed, including moving all the members, posts, and enclosures to the new forum. We can now start to work on actual features that will make the forum a more pleasant place, and eventually as good, or better than the old one.

The new site uses WordPress, and the new forum is based on bbPress and buddyPress. Additional features will be added by adding plugins to WordPress, and configuring buddyPress, and a certain amount of custom code.

There is a way to see the most recent articles. At the moment this is separate from the forum itself, and is located at http://curvemeister.com/activity/. I will add this, for now, to the Community menu, and try to find a way to make it appear at the top of the forum. Regarding the spellchecker - I believe there is a plugin for that. I'll check and see.

Your suggestions are valuable, and will have a big impact on what happens during this early phase.

Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:09 pm

You are correct that sluggishness is an ongoing problem that we are trying to address. Why are new things always slower than the old ones?

I am in the process of adding a spell-checker to the site, however I am having problems activating it for forum posts. I'll keep you all posted here.

Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:00 am

I'm experimenting with a new look for the forum. Switching to this appearance is by no means a foregone conclusion.

This seems to be a little easier to read, and has a bit more visual richness. What do you guys think? It's easy to go back to the previous look, which is more compact. Your vote counts!

Mike

Ganna

Postby Ganna » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:55 am

I like this look more.
Regards
Martin

julie

Postby julie » Sun May 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi
This is what the new site looks like on my iPad.
I have cleared the cache as Greg suggested.
The problem of the headings overlaying the post boxes persisted.

Julie
Attachments
image (356.34 KiB) Viewed 16512 times

Ganna

Postby Ganna » Sun May 03, 2015 9:17 pm

Exactly the same on my Tablet

gregmeister_admin

Postby gregmeister_admin » Sun May 03, 2015 9:29 pm

Is that a vertical read? does it do this in Horizontal mode?

Just Curious. I know reading in Horizontal is a pain.
Greg
Seeing is more than meets the eye.

Greg Groess
Curvemeister Instructor

Ganna

Postby Ganna » Sun May 03, 2015 9:44 pm

Does it both ways on my tablet

julie

Postby julie » Sun May 03, 2015 9:48 pm

Same in horizontal
Julie

Return to “Learn about the new forum”