ganna class1 example3

imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Tue May 15, 2007 7:40 pm

Here I used the Shadow and Highlight points in L mode

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue May 15, 2007 8:08 pm

Ganna,

I'm curious as to where you placed the highlight marker?  The image seems a bit flat.  You might want to move the highlight around a bit and see if there is a better placement for it. 

There seems to be a grey flim over the entire image...that is a good sign that you have picked the wrong highlight or shadow. 
The image suffers from Low contrast when you do that...

Greg

imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Wed May 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Greg, thanks. I first downsized the image to 180k and then started by thresholding it in the LAB space, L Channel. Saturated to 1.50.  I also smartsharpen image 150% Radius 0.5pixels (Remove Lens Blur). Of course the size was up to 265k so I downsized it again. The result look better. I really find that the colours go more dull and contrast less after I downsize a file.  The detail in the shadow area are not good; I would like to know how to bring detail out of the shadow area without affecting the overall appearance of the image.
I am learning a lot here and again thank you so much for this opportunity.
Kind regars
ganna

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed May 16, 2007 6:20 pm

Ganna one thing you can do to improve the Shadow detail we will be covering next week.  If you go to the CM help files and look for the curves anthology section you will see a section on the Lizard tail...

if you want to apply that to the L curve for the shadows you might get better results for the shadows...

It's not really part of this lesson but you sure can try it out.

Greg

Return to “May 2007 Curvemeister 101”