Challenge photo

This board is for the June 2007 Curvemeister 101 class
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:56 am

This is about as good as I can do with this.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:50 pm

This is a tough image...Later in the class we are going to be using special curves for images like this one. 
You have brought back a lot of the image...good job...

You might want to read this article It will help with some of the special curves.

http://www.curvemeister.com/support/curvemeister2/help/Articles/CurveMoves.htm

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:46 pm

I have a very basic question.
I am using the demo version. When I do an adjustment in rgb or lab etc, is that adjustment saved before I go to a different screen. In other words, make an adjustment on the black and white, save to hard drive open that photo and make an adjustment in rgb. I can't figure out how to make cumulative adjustments without this long step procedure.
I don't see any sliders in the demo screens. Is that the way it is or am I just not to the slider screens yet?

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:25 pm

The changes are not saved to the file until you click OK. 
The compare button will show you the changes for a fast look.
If you go from RGB to LAB the changes are not cumulative.  The RGB Space is separate from LAB and you start over with your correction.  The slider for saturation is only in the LAB space. 

There certainly is a workflow that allows you to make those changes..it goes something like this...

Open the image in CM choose a color space and make your changes. You can then save the curve file by clicking ok.  If you save the image at this point you changes are written to the file.  You could then re-open CM and choose another color space, make further changes and save again.

Another possible path is for you to save the curve as a separate file.   You can close CM and re-open it.  You could then choose to re-apply the saved file by choosing load, and then selecting the file. This works well for reusing the same curve on multiple files.  You can save each curve as a separate segment and apply them later...I use this workflow when I cannot deceide if I like the adjustment.  I'll save it to file, close without saving and start over with a new curve.  If I do not like what I have the second time I can still get back to where I was.

Greg

Return to “June 2007 Curvemeister 101”