donberl Week4 Example1

If you can see this board, you are enrolled in the July 2007 class
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:33 pm

I need to go back to the manual, didn't quite know what i was doing as far as seeing the blue in the clocks and how to get rid of it, but did what seemed to work for me, and am I judging it right.
I want to go back to your answers for week 3 and redo the examples, i think that will help me a lot.
It seems that the trick is to try "read" the picture as to what are the problems and what needs to be braught out of it, and read the manual over many times.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:53 pm

That is indeed the "trick"  There are some areas on the hawk that are blue, deep down in the darker feathers. 
You could try to get at them in RGB. 

One thing you might have to do is make the CM window really big so you can work in the darkest parts with enough room to see what you are doing.

I always look over the image and make a mental list of what I want to fix...I usually run the Hue clock over the image to see if there are hidden colors, like the blue in the feathers.  I then start fixing the things that have a broad impact   then I get specific.  I usually have to stop myself...I tend to over adjust...

I always remind myself...only retouch or correct the image enough to hide the flaw...don't make it worse...
Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:09 am

Is this better??

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:04 pm

Indeed much better, you could even add some saturation if you feel the need...

Greg

Return to “July 2007 Curvemeister 101”