self image week 3 infinitech

If you can see this board, you are enrolled in the July 2007 class
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:36 am

here the last one and then I post a entire screen shot with the hue clocks
my aim was to maintain the real difference between the different colours of the woods: light salmon pink and yellow
increase the saturation a bit and steepen the lightness a bit for shadows

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:37 am

another post for the image

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:38 am

The color is very soft on the web.  How close to the real image or the one you had in your mind did you feel that you got?

I see a few possible trouble spots but I'd like to hear your thoughts on the overall image. 
It is very contrasty due to the lighting more than the adjustment....

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:05 am

as I remind, the pink salmon colour is quite light and soft but the rest is say "normal"
comparing to "reality" let's say that I over darkened the shadows (the shot was not taken in a plain sunlight)
but I know you can see that there's a colour difference between the screenshot and the image
(not the same profile between photoshop and IE?), and remember, that I probably have a screen calibration problem.
On the other hand, it seem that I'm the only one in the world (oh, the little world of SW of France) that loves soft images-particularly in BW- And that's why I always hesitate when touching the saturation slider, it was the same at the photo school when doing contrasts masks (with slides) the teacher though that I had a colour detection problem, he made tests with me and stated that I was quite good to detect sticky casts such as 2 or 3 points of colour casts, which is not bad...(it was in the old days of colour headed enlargers)

Sorry for having confessed my whole life ;D
thanks for any input

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:02 am

No reason to be sorry...There is always room for interpretation.  I was just curious as to what your intent was for the image.  I did see the colors and did not want to make any changes since you had noted the salmon and the other colors. 

Mostly i was curious to see if you got what you wanted out of the process.

BTW.  I could spot a 2-3 shift as well...

I used to love Subtractive printing...

Return to “July 2007 Curvemeister 101”