example 2 Week 3 infinitech

If you can see this board, you are enrolled in the July 2007 class
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:09 am

this example was less tricky to me than the first one, I set the neutral using the hue clock, and then set the shadow, using the threshold. I enhanced the contrast fot the global image via the slider and then I adjusted the curve by moving the cursor on my image and select the matching points on the curves, then adjust the curves at these point the way I liked, looking at the image. Still not a scientific approach  ;D
I failed to succeed on human figures I think
Used the Lab mode

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:52 am

Let's take it step by step from your image going forward.

From Shot3.jpg...
Set multiple hue clocks on the shadows so you can see where the image is in need of help.
Right click on the image in one of the blue areas and choose mark to set a reference point on the curve screen.

Shot4.jpg...
Below the mark you have right click on the curve and choose Pin>>Pin lower left / Pin Upper Right which ever side pins the yellow.

Shot5.jpg
Expand the window so you can see where you are working...this close to the center of the curve you need lots of room...
Adjust the center of the curve until the shadows start to line up better...the sky will go a bit grey at this time...
Then Grab the endpoint of the blue curve and move it towards the center to saturate the sky.

Shot 6.jpg
Lastly re-threshold the image to brighten it up a bit.

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:41 am

here it is
the rock seems a bit yellow to me but it still looks natural...

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:54 pm

It actually looks pretty good..the sky could use a bump..maybe try saturation...

otherwise I'd say you have a pretty good idea what we were going for...

Greg

Return to “July 2007 Curvemeister 101”