A question about making CM curve adjustments

If you can see this board, you are enrolled in the July 2007 class
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:18 pm

I am having a problem adjusting curves in CM.  In photoshop when you use a curves adjustment you can move your cusor to a place on the picture and hit control-c to set a point on a curve, then you can move the point on the curve up or down using the up-arrow and down-arrow keys.  When I use CM control-c seems to select the point, but the point doesn't move with the up-arrow and down-arrow key.  To adjust the curve I have been having to move the cursor from the picture to the point to make the changes I want...this doesn't let me observe the change on the hue clock.

Is there a better way to do this in CM? I want to be able to select a point on the image and make small changes while observing the impact using the info in the hue clock display.

Thanks for your help!

Postby -default » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:31 am

Hi Gus,

The way I usually do this is to alt-click on the image, which will create a hue clock for that point, then adjust the curves while watching the newly created hue clock.

If you prefer to use the hue clock in the window, click on the point in the curve, to select it, and then the arrow keys will work while you move the mouse over the image.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:43 am

Below is a screen shot showing both methods...

The Selected Point will also have a rotating selection circle around it.  One Issue with the arrow keys...You might experience the Right and Left Keys not moving in the correct direction and if the curve line turns red you will have to re-select the point in order to move it with the keys. 

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:15 pm

ok...how's this for below...

Sorry for the lacking printscreen

Return to “July 2007 Curvemeister 101”