Ken session 1 example 1

If you can see this board, you are enrolled in the July 2007 class
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Hi,

Here is my result for session 1 example 1:

Using sRGB Colourspace, I converted to Lab, then using Curves in CS3 moved 0 to 47 to increase the contrast in the shadows and 100 to 95 to increase the contrast in the high tones. Converted back to RGB and resized to 640x480.

I chose Lab adjustment to avoid colour shifts in RGB adjustments.

Comments?

Ken

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:16 pm

Hi,

Here is my results from example 2:

Opened in sRGB, converted to Lab, using Curves in CS3 moved 100 to 50. Converted back to RGB, resized to 640x480.

Used Curves in Lab Mode to avoid colour changes that happen in RGB.

Ken

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:21 pm

Greetings Ken,

When you made your correction in LAB did you notice the slider tool at the bottom of the CM window?

There is a saturation slider in the bottom of the window that is only present in LAB.  You can increase the saturation by giving the slider a pull or by typing in the saturation numbers you want into the box to the right of the slider.  What this tool is doing is rotating the A and B curves around the "Axis point" you created when you set the neutral.  I use the term loosely.

Your particular image still has a slight blue cast.  Check out the print screen attached and you will see what I mean.  Take a look at your neutral, Grab the point with your mouse and move it around a bit and see if there is a better placement for it. Highlight and Shadow look pretty good...

Greg

Return to “July 2007 Curvemeister 101”