Howard, session 4, example 3

This board is for the August 2007 Curvemeister 101 Class
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:46 am

I set both the highlight and the neutral on the beads around her neck.  I brightened slightly by dragging the middle of the curve slightly up and to the left.  I tried pinning several of the skin hues, but didn't like the results.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:04 am

Did you choose for this image? 

She seems to be in pretty good shape but her skin tone is a bit cold...
and...I found I could make changes but that they left the image off color. 

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:28 pm

I honestly don't recall at this point, which color space I used for this image.  The version posted with this reply was edited in RGB.  I lightly adjusted the red curve to warm her face up a little. 

I think one of the difficulties in editing images you didn't create is that you don't know what the original looked like, so you're taking your best guess, at times.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:51 pm

It is indeed hard..but..that is where you have to for lack of a better term..."dare to be stupid" and make it look the way you want it...

There is no "actual" answer.  I am looking for certain things to see if you tackled the problem but I do not have a "right answer" for each image.  There is always the problem of monitor profile and the issues of color spaces...It is always subjective...I hope I kept it open that way...

I also hope I showed you more about the CM tool and brought new ideas to you about how to include it in your work flow...

As always you can post questions to the main board and this section should stay open to you as well...

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:12 pm

Thanks.  I as I mentioned in the post about the photo of the little boy, I do appreciate the class and your effort.

Thanks.

Howard

Return to “August 2007 Curvemeister 101”