Neil's Session 3 #4

This board is for the August 2007 Curvemeister 101 Class
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:34 pm

Having spent time on the beach in Jamaica last month, I can relate!  ;D  This exercise may give me some ideas about working on my beach pix.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:56 am

Neil,

From your image...

It looks like there is a grey shade over the entire image.  I chose to use lab for this example....Pull down the lightness curve as shown this will give you some more contrast in the image and open the highlights without blowing out the sand.  When you get the image where you want it it needs help in the blue and greens.  not usually the problem but I wanted to work forward from where you are.  I adjusted the A and B curves to bring back the very blue sky and add some snap to the Green shrubs in the background.

The image breaks down in the sky because of the re-sizing but if you take the original from where you are now you'll see a pretty large improvement...

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:20 pm

It looks like there is a grey shade over the entire image.  I chose to use lab for this example....Pull down the lightness curve as shown this will give you some more contrast in the image and open the highlights without blowing out the sand.  When you get the image where you want it it needs help in the blue and greens.  not usually the problem but I wanted to work forward from where you are.  I adjusted the A and B curves to bring back the very blue sky and add some snap to the Green shrubs in the background.

The image breaks down in the sky because of the re-sizing but if you take the original from where you are now you'll see a pretty large improvement...

OK... what I was trying to work with is keeping the detail in the shadows and mid-tones. The thatched roof ties, clouds in the sky, and edges of the beach chairs get lost pretty quickly when tweaking too much. I did take another stab at it, though...

Return to “August 2007 Curvemeister 101”