Thank you and a bit of fun!

This board is for the January 2008 Curvemeister 101 class
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:12 am

Thank you very much for a fantastic course Mike and Greg, you have both obviously put in a lot of hard work and the weeks have just flown by.  The videos were an eye-opener and I have learned a lot from watching a maestro at work and explaining things so well.

Thank you also to all of you, it just makes it so worthwhile to have like souls with difference takes and interpretations on our challenges - one learns from others just as much as one does from ones own attempts.

I assume you are all almost as mad as I am about colour and the challenge of correcting images.  One thing I find extremely hard is knowing the channels values that make up a colour - so I had a fun thought as a way to try and learn them.

The idea is to be presented with colours and have to guess the channel values (I thought just rgb, lab & hsb) - initially in ranges, say 3 choices for the rgb channels, and as one gets better to reduce how far away one has to be to the correct value.

I've started by building a colour clock, which tells the time just by it's colour.  I leave it running and now and then attempt to quess the rgb or lab values.  If you want to try it then download the zip file and pop the program anywhere on your PC.  There are 4 clock mechanisms that are choosen at random (which you can override), so it is not obvious how the time is displayed.

My next phase is to build the 'guesser', which will periodically pop up and ask for the current clock value.  If the idea interests you then drop me an email and when I've built that program (hopefully within a month) I'll email it to you.

If you dont know about Dan's videos, and others, then have a look at http://www.kelbytraining.com/online/index.html which I hope will be well worth subscribing to (might actually be easier than reading his books!) - you can see the first 3 videos for free, although I tried them yesterday but the sound and picture were not sync'd.

All the best
Chris
PS thank heavens the isp speed was not so bad when we were doing the course - very frustrating these last 2 days.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:03 am

Chris,

It has been a delight to see your progression...I hope you found what you were looking for in the class (It sounds like you did...)
I'm going to try out your clocks...what the heck....
Thanks for all the challenges and the interpretation...you viewpoint was most welcome....

Don't disappear just yet...Hang on for the final video solutions...

Greg

Return to “January 2008 Curvemeister 101”