Ex7 - London, My two penny worth analysis

This board is for the January 2008 Curvemeister 101 class
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:21 pm

I agree and apologies Joe - and yes you are 2nd on the top row - it would seem that 2 factors were involved
a) I have shrunk all images to around 250 pixels wide, so that they all fitted in the 800 limit
b) my Pin sample size was large and I must have picked up part of his hair or the wall as I did not zoom the composite image
Sorry if I misrepresented your work - I'll be much more careful if there is a next time.
Chris

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:02 pm

Chris, the only reason I brought this up is that I can remember using skin pins to adjust this image. The other is that I purchased a new LCD monitor and Colorvision monitor calibration device. Unfortunately the monitor RGB adjustment scales positions itself in the center of the calibration area where the "puck" goes. So the puck reads the RGB sliders instead of the colored calibration area. I have to place the "puck" off center in the bottom corner of the calibration area so that I can see the adjustment scales in order to make adjustments. The LCD manual does not indicate that the RGB sliders can be moved. Colorvision has not responded to my query if the location of the puck is that critical so long as the sensor is in the test area. My thoughts here are how accurate are the adjustments that I made to the monitor. When viewing the shaded test area in CM and your web site I have no problems reading the test data as described.
Thanks Joe S

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:29 pm

I do not know a lot about LCDs, as I still prefer CRTs
Did you try this page to check how well your screen performs?
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/
I've no idea if it is still the best around, but it may be interesting
Chris

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:50 pm

I did a fast test on my Sony SDM-HS95P and it did not do very well. :-[

Return to “January 2008 Curvemeister 101”