KiteFlyers - Lesson 1

This board is for the January 2008 Curvemeister 101 class
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:12 pm

Well this is a very difficult image - I've had 3 attempts at it which I shall describe in 3 separate listings

First my beloved Lab - hopeless for this image because we need a delicate touch to lighten - not the sledge hammer of the Lab L channel.  But we gain on the colour front - or not in some areas.

My main object is to lighten the faces and to hell with the jumpers, I'm prepared to blow them.  But my curving was much too violent giving me terrible problems with the bottom of the main jumper while trying to retain a little of the sky.

Regard this as playing and for pulling to pieces! - but I like the colour on his arms
QuadKiteFlyersLAB.jpg
and here is the curve
http://www.broadhurst-family.co.uk/CurveMeister/QuadKiteFlyers.jpeg-Lab.acv
[Greg - can demo users load saved curves in CM if they want to? I know they can in PS]

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:24 am

Hey Zog,
I think Mike needs to answer that one I never got the Demo version of CM3. 

As for your image...

I'm going to attach the screen shot from my desktop with your curves loaded.  One of us has a color problem...
I'm thinking it might be me...but I want to be sure that these are the right curves for the image..

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:29 am

No I think we are probably both fine - I could get that lovely magenta screen too
But only by loading a LAB curve in RGB mode!!

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:58 pm

ok..user dumb..missed that.

Greg

Return to “January 2008 Curvemeister 101”