Dark day in duckland

This board is for the January 2008 Curvemeister 101 class
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:50 am

This is a test submission.I did the wing dark spot,the white spot on the wing and the neutral ring,then I  played with the baselines in the A and B channels to get some of the green out of the air and off the duck.I saved the curves but don't know how to include them.Greg M

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:33 am

Very nice...

Some things to watch for...the highlights on the belly of the duck are pretty hot.  Did you try out the Thresholding feature for the highlight??

http://www.curvemeister.com/wiki/index.php?title=Thresholding_Using_Highlight_and_Shadow_Points

overall the color looks a bit muted...Mike likes to use the term "Pedal to the Metal" when it come to saturation.  I preferr the old saying.."Tighten the bolt down until it spins free then back it off a half a turn"  either way you should try out pushing the saturation a bit. 

In Lab there is a "Saturation Slider" you can use to really crank it up...not too garrish mind you.  I always go until I feel I have gone too far and then come back until I think it's believeable.

Greg

Postby -default » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Greg's right about the highlight.  Try to keep things just this side of pure white, so that you don't lose the texture.

Return to “January 2008 Curvemeister 101”