Mask help

This board is for the July 2008 Curvemeister 101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:27 pm

I've played with masks using the examples, solutions and some of my own landscape images. I think I need help in just figuring out how to use the various mask functions.  For example, when I click to show mask carte, it doesn't show up on the screen so I have to step through each mask to choose one.  It worked ok at first, but not now, very frustating.  Are there any tutorials out there that can help me learn how to navigate and use this great feature of CM?

Jim L.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:19 pm

Jim,
Are you showing the "Ribbon" tool bar?  If not right click near the upper left corner of CM and select "Show Ribbon" from the drop down.

From there you can access the mask menu.  There are multiple settings that you may have changed to hide the masks when you click on the Icon.  Look for the "mask carte"  this is the view with all of the masks in one panel.  You can double click on a mask on the carte and select it for adjustment in CM.

You can also always restore the default settings but that sets everything back to the install state. 

Greg

Return to “July 2008 Curvemeister 101”