Sun Moon Lake & Tatoko Gorge revisited

This board is for the July 2008 Curvemeister 101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:45 pm

Greg,

here are my re-edits of Sun Moon Lake ang Tatoko Gorge.

Sun Moon Lake:

I basically played with the lightness curve and selected points on the curve to bring out more highlights in the sky and shadows in the hills.  I pretended that this was one of my landscape shots and followed the same workflow (except, of course for using Lightroom).  Thus, after playing with CM curves, I went into Elements and adjusted Shadows/Highlights, Removed noise with Neat Image and sharpened with Unsharp Mask.  I think you will agree that the sky looks better than the first attempt.

Tatoko Gorge:

I followed your instructions and agree that that was the way to go.

Thanks.

BTW, now that Lightroom 2 is out, I am going to see how CM fits in with my workflow along with it.  Lightroom does a good job all by itself, but I'll bet CM will compliment it quite wonderfully.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:40 pm

If lightroom allows curves adjustments you can take everything you learn here and apply it to lightroom.  You will find however that it is not as easy to make the same adjustments...

The previous advertisement was paid for by the friends of Curvemeister committee...Ltd...

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:09 pm

If lightroom allows curves adjustments you can take everything you learn here and apply it to lightroom.  You will find however that it is not as easy to make the same adjustments...

The previous advertisement was paid for by the friends of Curvemeister committee...Ltd...

Greg

Funny, real funny.  Just kidding.  Actually, I agree with you.  I do my initial editing in Lightroom and almost always go to Photoshop or Elements to enhance what LR does. LR is not an end all for editing and most times one must jump to Photoshop or PSE to finish up.  That's where CM comes in.  I agree that it's easier to do these final touchups in CM and you end up with a better image.

Return to “July 2008 Curvemeister 101”