Ok, one more try, this time I'll do it right. Sometimes yopu have a bad day

This board is for the July 2008 Curvemeister 101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:19 am

Here are the  example images for week 2 with a few comments.

Example 5: Fruit vendor window:  I got rid of the green cast, bumped contrast and increased saturation in Lab.

Example 6: Sun Moon Lake:  This is my kind of picture, one I search for when I am out in the field looking for images.  I gave it a sepia tone look and tried to bring out the mist in the mountains.  In Elements I sharpened the edges of the hills using unsharp mask.  The coloring in the mountains suggests a sunset developing.

Example 7: Tatoko Gorge:  I got rid of the blue cast using the suggested method.  I used Shadows/Highlights in Elements to bump the shadows and up the contrast.  I also sharpened using unsharp mask.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:53 pm

Well now...

Fruit Vendor...Very nice...I think you have that one corrected pretty well....

Sun Moon Lake...I like the tone and the feel of the image...now for the down side...The highlights are still a bit washed out...there is more detail in the brightest areas as well as the shadows...there is more information in there...you need not revisit these if you have just had it with them...but...

It is my task to push you a bit harder.....

Tatoko Gorge....See screen shots...using your image....
Shot1...Just a slight adjustment to the shadows.  Look for the little black speckles as you adjust the threshold. 
Shot2...I saturated the image a bit using the slider...found the saturated colors to be a bit off so i set a new neutral.  Increased the saturation further...
Give it a try and see if you can make this one pop....

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:04 pm

Well now...

Fruit Vendor...Very nice...I think you have that one corrected pretty well....

Sun Moon Lake...I like the tone and the feel of the image...now for the down side...The highlights are still a bit washed out...there is more detail in the brightest areas as well as the shadows...there is more information in there...you need not revisit these if you have just had it with them...but...

It is my task to push you a bit harder.....

Tatoko Gorge....See screen shots...using your image....
Shot1...Just a slight adjustment to the shadows.  Look for the little black speckles as you adjust the threshold. 
Shot2...I saturated the image a bit using the slider...found the saturated colors to be a bit off so i set a new neutral.  Increased the saturation further...
Give it a try and see if you can make this one pop....

Greg

I will try your suggestions.  When I first tried these, I wasn't sure how to do the threshold, so I just right clicked for shadows & highlights.  I watched the threshold video and with your suggestions about wayching for the black speckles, I will give it another try.

Return to “July 2008 Curvemeister 101”