Week 1 materials are available

This board is for the July 2008 Curvemeister 101 class.

Postby -default » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:20 pm

Class instructions and materials are available here:
http://curvemeister.com/downloads/Class/

The class board will be our main source of communication.  You may find it handy to save a shortcut to this location while the class is in session.
http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php?action=post;board=54.0

You may post any questions you may have to this board, or email mike@curvemeister.com.

Please don't hesitate to email me with any questions, particularly if you find yourself spending more than a few minutes doing something, such as posting to the board, that you think should be easy. Please don't spin your wheels.  If something is hard for you to figure out, chances are someone else is having exactly the same problem.

Happy Curving,

Mike and Greg

Postby -default » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:19 pm

Greg - both of these are distinct improvements.  I don't see a neutral on the duck's leg band - it's still blue.  BTW - the duck was not in on the underexposed image, so hardly deserves to be eaten, at least for that reason, LOL.

Applying an S curve to the hue curve is an unusual operation - it would to make all the reds more similar to one another, and the cyan and related colors more different.  Moving the highlight point to a white object, or moving the threshold in will brighten things up a bit.  Another thing merry-go-round want picture wants is to have the shadows opened up, which means more steepness at the dark end of the curve.

BTW.  I just noticed that in the instructions I say to post all the images in one thread.  Since that was written, we've found that it's good to post each picture to its own thread, so that comments will appear after each picture. I've changed the instructions.

Return to “July 2008 Curvemeister 101”