Is everybody getting what they need from the class??

This board is for the September 2008 class.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:45 am

It has been kind of quiet out here and I am hoping that you all have the information, are getting it, and have no questions.  If that is not the case please ask questions...

We are here to make sure you area getting the course and understanding the information....

Greg

Postby -default » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:10 am

I'd like to add to what Greg said.  If the class is not hitting the spot for you, or is otherwise falling short of what you thought it would be, please let us know.  Though you can get benefits from reading the material, and doing the exercises, an online class of this type also benefits greatly from your participation

We'd like to do everything we can to make things really fly and be valuable to you.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:51 pm

Hi,
I have only one small complain: sometimes, there are too many exercises . Usually, I only have time to do one or two exercises, so I tend to skip the rest. But may be its only me. Other than that, there is nothing I don't like about the class: the material is well written and structured and doing through it made me rethink a few things and improved my workflow, so I'm enjoying it.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:51 pm

Thanks for the note....
We just worry about the class while it is in session and want you to get your money back out of the class...

Greg

j2e4a8n

Postby j2e4a8n » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:47 pm

I appreciate this post. Although, I have noted that the more I accept the painstaking the more I learn . . . :-(
there are too many exercises

I understand people don't have spare time has a retired man. But they have a vivid brain.
More exercises (with the solutions) means that  one can be an autodidact for the rest of the year.

I took that course in 2005 and I can see that it improved.  I can see that retaking it is pinning down the knowledge I could not caught at that time. The problem with this course is that sometimes it seems easy and that it makes me think I donut have to look, to scrutinize the image. The eye sees but my brain is often asleep.
Should I post more images :o?

I have a comment on Marks.  If I mark a point, I don't see it on the curve because the worm hides it. Maybe if it was still a triangular icon it would be visible.

Alea jacta es

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:56 pm

Jean,

I would say that you have been asking great questions and discussing the assignments.  I want to keep you going and interested.  If you need more help, then please by all means post more images. 

If you are having successes using the techniques on your own images please let us know. If you need help with one of your images you can post it if you like and we can all take a swing at it.  Sometimes this produces the most interesting results.

Mainly we just want everyone to get the biggest bang for their buck...to use an american phrase for value....

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:26 pm

I'm a repeat coursegoer and I am getting a tremendous amount out of repeating the class.  The videos are great!  There is nothing like seeing how you guys use the CM tools.
Even though I thought I knew most of the basics, I realize that I still have a lot to learn.  I'm looking forward to the Skype session and hope it works well.

Thanks for all your work on CM and the course!

Gus

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:09 pm

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree that exercises with solutions is the great thing. In fact, this is what I like about this class the most. Most books usually only tells you what has to be done, like use curves to make neutrals neutral, but they don't give you a lot of visual and different examples how to do it. This class does. With feedback. So, its certainly $30 well spent )

Return to “September 2008, Curvemeister 101”