Taipei Toy Store

This board is for the November 2008 CM101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:31 am

Here it is, done with the a Lightness Channel Mask

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Brian,
I'm having a few minor problems with my main desktop today...nothing to bad just having to do some serious systems maintenance.  I'll try to get to your images today or tomorrow at the latest.  Please feel free to continue to post to this or the main forums.  I know the class time has come to an end but we keep these open to you for at least a year.  I'll keep helping as long as you need....

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:56 am

Brian,
Again you have this image really close....

The problem I see is the background; it is a bit too dark to see the saturation changes in there...

You might want to take this image in two passes..1 to open the shadows in the background and one to pop the colors in the background since sometimes they are hard to do in one pass.

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:43 pm

Hi Greg:

I had hoped to get all this done before I left on a brief Christmas vacation, but, as you can see, I was not able to finish.  Can I continue to work on these week 5 images, the last problem of week 5 which I haven't done yet, and the week 6 problems over the next week or so?

By the way, I am really enjoying this stuff, and decided to read the Margulis Professional Photoshop (Ver. 5) book.  Tough sledding, but I am up to the chapter on CMYK.  If you guys go ahead and offer an intermediate class, I will probably be interested (although I clearly have a long ways to go on the beginner stuff).

Happy Holidays!

Brian

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:02 am

You keep posting and I'll keep responding...

Glad you got to reading Dan's Book. 
He can be a bit much but the information is very detailed.

Most of his work relates back to printing or pre-press so there is a bit of a soapbox there. The interesting thing is he has very similar roots to anyone who was in the photo industry before the advent of digital.  Most of the stuff that he brings out is directly related to how film photographers were taught to deal with light and color.  It is very interesting to see him hammer on the same stuff that we had to deal with 20 years ago...

It is only now as we get to powerful computers can some of the advanced stuff make it down to the pro-sumer desktop.

Glad you are still interested and I'll be here to help you through the rest...

BTW now that you have paid for the class you can take it again for free.  It will be the same materials but it does start up in January....

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:52 am

I will probably do that.  It might sink in a little more the second time around.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:45 am

I can add you to the class if you would like...

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:49 am

Greg:

Will you be offering the course again in the Spring?  I am at least debating skipping a quarter.  Then again, if the enrollment is particularly light for the next class, maybe it would make sense.

Thanks,

Brian

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:46 pm

Right now the plan is to offer the class about every 8 weeks.  So yes there would be a spring session.

Greg

Return to “November 2008, Curvemeister 101”