Welcome to Curvemeister 101

This board is for the November 2008 CM101 class.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:21 pm

We'll be starting this up on Sunday November 2nd.

I want the beginners to know that the first week can be confusing and intimidating and scary.  I will do the best I can to keep everyone up to speed but some of the experienced users will be putting some stuff out there that makes little sense at first.  

Please in the words of Douglas Adams...."DON'T PANIC!"

The first week is kind of free form and we allow everyone to see into the class.  

After the first week we will close the door so to speak and get down to the curriculum written by Mike and myself.  The curriculum is as shown with some minor additions and hopefuly tons of discussion. The first two times we held this class there were 1500 postings for the first and 835 postings for the second.  There usually is a lot of discussion.

Do not be afraid to ask questions.  Our goal is to add Curvemeister to your everyday workflow and make it the first tool you look for in image correction...we will do that by showing you how powerful and hopefuly easy it is to use.  If we fail to answer your questions poke us in the side...We'll do whatever it takes....

I'll have more information in the next day or so about how to post images and other housekeeping stuff...

Thanks for choosing the Curvemeister plug in and for being willing to explore image correction on our forum.

Greg Groess

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:59 pm

Ok, it says "Post here to join the November 2008 class."  Yup, that's what I want so here I am "posting"!

palynda

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:38 pm

You are in the class Lynda...

Welcome....

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:55 am

Greetings from Florida!
I just learnt from one of my friends about this wonderful plug-In for photoshop windows. I just joined in and gathered that CM 101 has recently started. I would like to join in. I am kind o lost as to how and where I should catchup. Do not know the ABC of this software... will there be any online tutorial or online class or it will be coducted in this foum . Never attended any class in a forum earlier... Need help as to how I should understand and practice.
Regards
Fareclub

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:44 am

The class is open this week to all members of the forum. 
At the end of the week we "close" the doors so to speak and only paid students may see what we are doing and get the class materials.

To join the class purchase a Curvemeister 101 ticket.

You certainly can ask any questions you want and can join the class as late as next week if you choose.  Members of the forum are always most helpful and up for a good challenge...If you want to really get into the process you really should consider the course...we cover a large amount of information and always answer questions until you understand the materials.  Also..the class boards are open to you for over a year after the class is complete.

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:03 pm

Greg,can former class members still audit the class?GregM

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:23 pm

It is my understanding that once you have the paid class under your belt, you can audit it or re-take it as many times as you like. the intent is for everyone to get the materials and be comfortable using the CM program.

If you want to audit the class I can add your name to the member group list.

The board will be "closed" to the general forum later today before the first weeks assignments are posted.

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:22 pm

Please do so,thanks.GregM

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:46 pm

Greg,
I have added you to the November class

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:43 am

Hi Greg:

I finally got around to trying to finish Week 6, but I see it has been taken down (presumably because the board is common for all classes).  Should I just wait until the present class gets to Week 6 or is there some way to get access to that weeks problems and solutions?

Thanks,

Brian

Return to “November 2008, Curvemeister 101”