Welcome to Curvemeister 101

This board is for the November 2008 CM101 class.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:06 am

hmmmm...
I'm thinking.....

Trouble is all the links are based off the page being on the server.....
let me see if I can zip up the PDF and the files...

The hints might be tricky...the solutions as well...
I could add you to the current class if you like...your choice...

In the mean time I'll look at zipping the images and PDF and maybe I can e-mail it to you...
Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:30 am

That would be fine, but if its too complicated I can wait until Week 6 (although I will be travelling for two straight weeks starting on President's Day so I am not sure how things will time out).

Can you give me some idea of what week 6 contains?

I've given up on the idea of joining this session ... just too darn busy right now.  So I am going to shoot for the following session.

By the way, I was able to access the board yesterday, but only week 1 problems are on it.

Thanks,

Brian

P.S.  I'm thinking of upgrading to CS4 one of these days.  Although its way over my head, I keep on bumping up against Elements 8 bit and layers limitations.  Problem is, not only is CS4 expensive, but it means I need a new computer too!

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:25 pm

Can you get a copy of CS3??  It should be much cheaper and many people have not upgraded to CS4.

Week 6 is about color contrast and using CM to create alpha channels in PS.  The color contrast part is most helpful...
If you have PSE the Alpha channel stuff will be a waste of time.

here is a link to the week 6 stuff.

http://curvemeister.com/downloads/Class/index_week6.htm

Let me know if this works...
Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:06 am

I will Greg .... thanks!

I hadn't thought about CS3, Is it available retail somewhere, or is there an aftermarket for it somewhere?

Just out of curiosity, is CS4 being badly received, or is it just not worth an upgrade from CS3?

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Mostly I think it's been judged as not worth the upgrade unless you are going 64 bit.  They moved shortcuts, they moved menu items, added some tools that no one is sure what they were intended for....

Many have found the transition to be great...others not so great...You should be able to find CS3 out there somewhere...Try newegg.com and see if they still have it...

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:47 am

OK. Really excellent suggestion Greg ,,,, thanks!

Return to “November 2008, Curvemeister 101”