Example 3 Week 4: Tiger - kessi

This board is for the January 2009 Curvemeister 101 class.
kessi

Postby kessi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:44 pm

Sorry about my late posts. Since Saturday my ADSL line seems to work only intermittently and I keep on being dropped. It seems to be more stable now so I'll try and post as many of my assignments as possible.
My RGB version of the tiger. I know there is some background but I like the tiger being so prominent without clutter.

kessi

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:39 am

Wow Kessi...

I love your reasoning...you expect tigers to leap out of the darkness...now how about the curve I applied to your posted image.
It keeps the Tiger as the focus, opens the shadows a bit and kills off a slight color shift you have in the white fur. 

I feel It adds a small amount of depth to the image by lifting the near background up about 1/2 stop. just enough to make it part of the image and give the tiger a less cut out feel.

Tell me what you think...If you still like your version over mine...well then fine...Bob's your uncle as you say...

Greg

kessi

Postby kessi » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:46 am

Hi Greg,
I do like your version more. It just gives it the extra dimension in the background. The fur also looks a bit less vivid which is much more natural. I vote for your image. Thanks.

kessi

Return to “Curvemeister 101 January 2009”