Solutions

This board is for the January 2009 Curvemeister 101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:08 pm

Congatulations! Great job done during week.
In the solutions I miss a full picture of the adjusted picture e.g. Fruit vendor. For the fruit vendor picture I see on my screen a red on the melons which does not look natural, more like lipstick?
Thomas

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Hmm...

Well remember that Mikes solution is his subjective look at the image. 
I see as have you that there are a vast number of ways to "get it right".

It is also possible that your monitor shows the image differently than Mikes or my own....

I have repaired the web page so you should be able to watch the video via the link now.

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:49 am

Greg
Question on the Wreath correction in CMYK with M. How do you know that only M channel has to be corrected? I thought all three colour channels had to be adjusted in order not to get a colour cast?
Thomas

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:26 pm

You will introduce color shifts in CMYK quite easily
In CMYK you can adjust the amount of ink hitting the page.  You have a bit more "spot" control over what areas are effected for instance,  A light Magenta will show an adjustment to the overall scene more than more than a deep dark one.  It has less color overall to lose.  You will introduce color shifts in CMYK quite easily, you already have a color shift with the white areas of the wreath.  In the darker areas you do not notice the slight shift visually because of the K channel.  It's still there but the effect is reduced.

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 January 2009”