Have we missed anything??

This board is for the March 2009 Curvemeister 101 class.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:12 pm

As we end the last week of the class, I would like to thank all of you who have participated in the class.
Are there any questions we have left hanging out there that you need answers to?

Please feel free to ask any questions, we want you to be able to use CM in your daily work flow.

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:26 am

I've thoroughly enjoyed the class again and thanks so much for your generosity in sharing your tips and tricks.

Although we never got the skype thing going, I hope you try with the next class as it is an excellent idea.

Quick question - my skin texts are 'texts' and not coloured pins on my main computer - I know you gave the solution in my last class, would you mind sending the wiki link or give me a quick 'here's how'?

Looking forward to chatting again in the main forum.

thanks so much,

Mandy

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:19 pm

The .Txt file has to "live" in the correct directory.

This should get you started...
http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php?topic=1855.0

Let me know if you need more...

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri May 01, 2009 4:02 am

I'm still wondering if it's possible to use Curvemeister non-destructively...so that it works like an adjustment layer.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri May 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Jay,
If you make a copy of the background layer in PS you can use CM only on that layer.  If you invoke it as a smart filter and click on the scroll Icon in CM you can access CM as a smart filter.

Both of these methods allow you to delete the layer with no change to the file.  Remember you can also undo the last action in PS using Ctrl-Z or edit undo. 

Let me know if this does not answer your question...
Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri May 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Here's what I'd like to be able to do:

1) Open a RAW file in Photoshop as a smart object
2) Make some non-destructive changes, such as cropping out something.  Again, this must be non-destructive, so it would be a separate layer or object.
3) Use Curvemeister non-destructively.

Now ideally, I should be able to go back and edit the RAW file, or modify the cropping I did, and not have to go through the whole Curvemeister process again.  Is this possible?

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri May 01, 2009 2:43 pm

I have not tested that but if you use layers for the edits described it should not be a problem. 

If you are using PS this is where CM as a smart layer would be the better option.  Then you can go back in and edit the same curves you use originally.  That is where the "scroll" Icon comes in.  CM does not know, and PS cannot tell it, that it is in a smart layer.  Mike wrote the scroll Icon into the program to tell CM that it has been used as a smart filter layer and to display your last edited curves. 

In that instance when you click "Apply" you are applying the curves but they are stored so you can edit them going forward.  (Non-destructive)

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 March 2009”