Week 6 Driving Colours Apart [manda]

This board is for the March 2009 Curvemeister 101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:54 am

I tried to copy the suggested curves exactly, I don't think I would have got it without the screenshots.

The final image is too large to post for the moment.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:22 am

Keep going you are on the right track...
Open the shadows a bit and find a good neutral if you can...

Good work...
Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:03 am

Started from scratch again.

neutral in RGB
locked all curves
passed my mouse over the image to watch the colour spread (forgot to set it to 11px)
tweaked to separate
watched my neutrals as Greg suggested

No real planning in this approach, I'm just getting a feel for it.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:19 pm

When you select the greens you want "drive apart" You can use the Color worm with the cursor set to 11 Pixels per the assignment or....

You can manually select two points in the greenery with enough difference and create a "manual contrast pin".  As in the previous example with the lemurs you select 1 point and then ctrl-click on the second point. this links them in a contrast pin setting and you can use the curved arrow and left click drag to "warp" the curve and drive the lower point down and the upper point up.

Which ever way you choose you need to be in control of the neutral and you might want to start with a solid SHN adjustment so that you do not mess up the color curves when you adjust the color contrast in the greens.

The top most point on the green side of the A channel is a attempt to take the florescent greens and tone them down a bit.  It happens often when you do this that some of the color goes too far.

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 March 2009”