Week 4 Tiger [manda]

This board is for the March 2009 Curvemeister 101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:10 am

Went a bit OTT on this one.

1.  LAB contrast and colour boost
2.  CYMK contrast pinning to exaggerate the colour and contrast
3.  Creative masking to dodge and burn areas (see screen shot with marching ants).

With my own photos, I would normally reduce layer 3 to 30% to 60% to control my efforts.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Mandy,

Don't forget the SHN drill...
Add a neutral and a tiny bit of saturation in LAB and here is where the OOT tiger ends up...
You should continue to add your methods to the CM stuff as you go further you need to add CM to the work flow rather than replace the existing.  If you are used to layers and making image changes using them then continue the process...

Your goal here is the best image you can create from the mess we post out to you.  If you add CM to your work flow and improve the image. I want to see that even more..

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:43 am

Started from the beginning again, then used Greg's curves and finally added hue clocks on my first attempt to see how close I got. Surprisingly we weren't far off each other.

I think my confusion is based on not understanding what the colour spaces do.  Originally I placed the curser on the image to locate the point on the curve and then moved this point.  Were as Greg went for a straight move from the top right corner.

thanks Mandy

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Nicely done in a tougher color space...
HSB would not be my first choice for this image...you did a fine job in there...

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 March 2009”