JRomer Ex4

This board is for the March 2009 Curvemeister 101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:03 pm

Greg
attached are my results on Ex 3 in HSB
Also the results on Ex 4, the technique of removing shadow arrived in time to save an image for me that I had about given up on.

JFR

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:36 pm

Greg
attached are my results on Ex 3 in HSB
Also the results on Ex 4, the technique of removing shadow arrived in time to save an image for me that I had about given up on.

JFR

JRomer,
Overall the image looks pretty well off.  The primary issue here is the K channel.  seriously it really is something we use a lot and need to understand.  With MAX GCR set the blacks are heavy it's really about the amount of ink hitting the printed page.
The K channel in CMYK is what gives the shadows depth and body. It also provides some of the tonal values for the CMY colors as they are printed. You can have a CMY image with "blacks" in it, your printer will even off to create one when your black ink well runs out..  It just takes a lot more ink to produce and the blacks are not very full. 

You should look deep into the shadows and zoom in to check the details.  K channel control is very precise and smooth.  You should be able to adjust the shadows without removing the details from the red petals of the wreath.

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 March 2009”