Who are we? Please post some information about yourself!

This board is for the March 2009 Curvemeister 101 class.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:24 am

I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself now that we have been going for a week on the board. 

I'm Greg Groess. I am a freelance photographer, computer geek and friend of the Curvemeister.  I will be discussing your work, critiquing when reasonable, encouraging you to try new things and helping you solve image problems. 

I live and work in Minneapolis, Minnesota and I have 2 sons ages 12 (Mad Boy) and 14 a wonderful wife and a slightly deranged poodle.

One of the reasons I teach this class is to learn things from all of you.  I have never stopped learning and every class adds to my somewhat limited knowledge of image correction.   If I know one thing about this class, it is that the success of the learning and of the overall class depends upon all of you.  I can promise you that we will get into image correction on levels you might not have approached before and you will learn things you will hopefully use every time you open Photoshop or Elements. 

What I hope you are willing to do is share some of your images that have been confusing or troublesome and together we shall try to solve them and increase your knowledge in the process.  PLEASE feel free to post images anytime.

Tomorrow we begin with Lesson 1 and close the board to on-lookers I hope we have interested you in some of the items we have seen this week and I hope we really get your gears turning about all of the possibilities Curvemeister can bring to your images.

Thank you to Greg M, Thomas, Ganna and all the Curvemeister friends who have taken the time this week to show off a little and participate in the class.

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:39 pm

I'm Jay Slupesky, from Pleasanton, California.  In my first career I was a software engineer, but I made a mid-life course correction and now I'm a marriage therapist.  I live with my wife of 30 years and together we tolerate our cat, "Bozo."  We have two grown sons who live on their own, fortunately.  :D

I love photography and as a former software engineer the digital darkroom is where I have the most fun.  My camera is the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, considered an antique by most, but still working flawlessly, refusing to give me an excuse to upgrade to the EOS 5D Mark II that I want so badly.  :(

I'm looking forward correcting lots of colors.

-Jay

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:18 am

Hi,

I'm Mandy, a British gal living in Singapore.  I'm soon to return to ole Blighty this summer after being overseas for 10 years!  Scary.

I've always been a fan of CM and this forum, this is my second class and recommend it to any one who is a photoshop addict.

I've been taking photos since late 2006 and graduated to a Nikon D300 on my last birthday.  I'm actually a teacher by profession and one of my after school clubs is photography, so you can see how obsessed I am with this hobby.

Looking forward to this class and working with you on-line. 

Mandy

Footnote: when I say gal I would use a loose interpretation of the term, I've just realised that living in Asia for ten years might push me into the different age bracket! 

Return to “Curvemeister 101 March 2009”