Primate

This board is for the June 2009 Curvemeister 101 class.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Greg:

I had a little trouble with the instructions in this one.  The recommendation is that you pin a skin tone, "[t]hen click the unlock button at the bottom right corner of the sample pallette . . ."  However, when I click the unlock button, the skin tone ceases to pin the curve.   Don't you lose the benefit of using the pin in the first place if you unlock it?  Also, do you pin a skin tone and pin a neutral if one is available, or is it an "either or" situation?

Brian
Attachments
2007-12-03_095938_edited5_downsized-jpg
2007-12-03_095938_edited5_downsized-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 5564 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Depends on the color space.  In RGB you can have a Skin pin and a neutral pin.  Lab does not like neutral pins and then skin pins.  Usually if I am going to pin a specific color or skin tone in LAB, I set the image up with a good correction first then, close CM and come back in for the pin in LAB.

Color Pins behave exactly link neutral pins...the RGB values are not equal but the net effect is the same they tell the program that " this point...is this value".  You may have to activate the pin again by clicking on it but it should behave itself.  Also sometimes you move the pin a bit by accident when you click on it and have to reset it.  If the sample size is small the Pin can be a bit touchy...

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 June 2009”