julie's week

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:22 am

Greg
I have bee n very busy this week and have posted only one thing. Is it too late or can I rry and get through this week in the next couple of days. I am a bit worried after reading joan's comment that this week was one of the hardest.

I have been having trouble with photoshop and curvemeister but having looked through old postings I have seen other people having same issue. I cant load after making changes  in curvemeister - not enough memory. Its been frustrating. But I am now going to try closing photoshop after every image and reopen.

The settings you recommended for memory are not going to work as I do not have that much available. I have made the decision to upgrade and am seriously thinking of a mac. Any thoughts on macs. I presume I will be able to change over curvemeister fairly easily.
Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:34 am

CM is not supported on the Mac.  You would lose the program but no the skills.  Everything you have learned is possible in any photo program that fully supports curves.

All that said I'm not a Mac fan...for me they are just Unix flavored PC's.  I've worked too long in Win/DOS and the Mac has little appeal to me personally...
That being said I am not a Mac hater...

You could get a Mac that runs windows and then CM would work.. or add Boot Camp to it and load windows alongside the Mac OS if you want the Mac features... Dual Boot....

Just some thoughts...
Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:07 am

CM is not supported on the Mac.  You would lose the program but no the skills.  Everything you have learned is possible in any photo program that fully supports curves.

I'm not giving up curvemeister. Its not just the program its the fantastic support and the online community. I have only posted in the class forum but I have been all over the rest of it and gained so much from it. Not giving it up!

All that said I'm not a Mac fan...for me they are just Unix flavored PC's.  I've worked too long in Win/DOS and the Mac has little appeal to me personally...
That being said I am not a Mac hater...

You could get a Mac that runs windows and then CM would work.. or add Boot Camp to it and load windows alongside the Mac OS if you want the Mac features... Dual Boot....

I did think about this but I'm not sure I get the point of it. The mac I want runs windows but I would have to buy the new windows 7 as well as the mac. But I have been told the screnns are much easier to calibrate. But my new photonshop cs3 is windows. Its a large investment...decisions ,decisions.

As a photographer what would you recommend and what screen do you use
Julie

Just some thoughts...
Greg

joann

Postby joann » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Julie, Don't let me scare you off. You will probably do just fine.
JoAnn H

Greg
I have bee n very busy this week and have posted only one thing. Is it too late or can I rry and get through this week in the next couple of days. I am a bit worried after reading joan's comment that this week was one of the hardest.

I have been having trouble with photoshop and curvemeister but having looked through old postings I have seen other people having same issue. I cant load after making changes  in curvemeister - not enough memory. Its been frustrating. But I am now going to try closing photoshop after every image and reopen.

The settings you recommended for memory are not going to work as I do not have that much available. I have made the decision to upgrade and am seriously thinking of a mac. Any thoughts on macs. I presume I will be able to change over curvemeister fairly easily.
Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:24 pm

Julie,

I have a Win 7 64bit PC with 8 GB of RAM and 1 TB hard drive.  the CPU is an Intel Q9300 Core 2 Quad.  My monitor is a 25 inch Hannspree HF259H wide screen HD.  It sounds impressive but it was only about $1000.00 to build.  
The Video Card is a Radeon 4860 With 1 GB of video RAM.

If you are invested in PS for windows I would say you should strongly consider staying in the PC world otherwise additional expense to update software and or buy Windows for the Mac.

Win 7 is very nice and very stable....
Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”