Joann - Portrait Pro question

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:21 am

Joann,
Are you running Portrait Pro as a photoshop plug in or as a stand alone version??

Greg

joann

Postby joann » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:47 am

Stand alone.
I haven't used it in over a year. My husband passed away 2 years ago and his computer was better than mine so I switched and have never loaded it on this computer. I should do that. To tell the truth I had forgotten about it.
I'm going to put that on my list of things to do.
JoAnn H

Joann,
Are you running Portrait Pro as a photoshop plug in or as a stand alone version??

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:56 am

I just learned a few things about it tonight...
The new version 9 has a color profile setting that has to match PS. or the skin tones get all messed up

The Plug-in makes the work flow so much better.

Greg

joann

Postby joann » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:55 pm

I had PP8.1 so I needed to move to my "newer" computer and upgrade to V9. Originally I bought PP6 $19.95 lol)  and have upgraded along the way to PP8. At that time there was no choice to have PP as a plug-in, just stand alone.
I contacted PP and it turns out you can have PP on two computers so I was able to download PP8 again. After I did that I upgraded to V9. I stayed with the stand alone because 1. lot less $$. 2. I don't have 64 bit, etc. I can see where the plug in would be much better and when I get a new computer with all the new bells and whistles I will upgrade to the plug in.
My husband built the computer I'm using about 4 years ago and at that time it was a really top notch computer. Now of course I'm probably close to the bottom although it's still a great computer. When I decide to get a new computer I will have it built with all the things that are important photo editing. I am not a photographer. My husband was the photographer and I was/am the editor and editing is what I really enjoy.
It's interesting abut the color profile. I imagine the stand alone will require that too. After I'm finished with the CM class I'll check it out more closely. I downloaded the manual. That is new too. Didn't have one for PP8.
One thing I don't like about the stand alone is that it doesn't recognize .PSD file format. So you have to go with .jpg or .tiff.
I need to get busy with my class work......
JoAnn H

I just learned a few things about it tonight...
The new version 9 has a color profile setting that has to match PS. or the skin tones get all messed up

The Plug-in makes the work flow so much better.

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:10 am

It can handle the RAW files from the major camera makers...
It uses the same color profile information as PS you just have to make sure the files match or you will get wierd color shifts in the skin tones.

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”