JoAnn's Flower Vendor

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
joann

Postby joann » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:28 pm

I made 3 or 4 passes with this so I can't give you the ACV file. I used LAB first and set the SHN, set a hue clock on the face and adjusted the face. Then went to RGB and did the same thing. Also used HSB on the final pass.

Question: I thought that you could make adjustments in one mode say LAB then go to RGB and the correction you made in LAB was retained. I don't find that to be the case so I'm wondering if it's possible to make correction in one mode move to another and not lose the adjustments you've made?
I've finished all the assignments except the Toy Store and I'm stuck on that one.
JoAnn H
Attachments
flower-vendorweb-jpg
flower-vendorweb-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 6510 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:06 am

You have to apply the change and come back into CM. 
Many times I will create a layer copy and use CM on that to preserve the original in case I muck it up too much.

I will also use CM as a smart filter as needed.  That's next weeks fun stuff....When you make CM a smart filter you can go back in and adjust as needed.

Hmmm...
The stone lost it's weight....It is actually one of the strongest parts of the image.  I can see where you went with the nose for the skin tone but you left him looking oddly George Hamiltonesque...if that is a word....
Try the ACV file I have attached...

Don't forget your goals for the image.....Mine were get the skin right, keep the stone hefty, and make sure the grass is not too far gone...The window and lettering is also an area to look for improvements...

Greg
Attachments
flower-vendorweb-jpg-lab_gg-acv
(74 Bytes) Downloaded 345 times
screenshot006-jpg-17
screenshot006-jpg-17 (197.17 KiB) Viewed 6510 times

joann

Postby joann » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:08 pm

Greg, Something isn't right here. I loaded your ACV file and I get a very dark photo. I've attached a screen shot.
JoAnn H

You have to apply the change and come back into CM. 
Many times I will create a layer copy and use CM on that to preserve the original in case I muck it up too much.

I will also use CM as a smart filter as needed.  That's next weeks fun stuff....When you make CM a smart filter you can go back in and adjust as needed.

Hmmm...
The stone lost it's weight....It is actually one of the strongest parts of the image.  I can see where you went with the nose for the skin tone but you left him looking oddly George Hamiltonesque...if that is a word....
Try the ACV file I have attached...

Don't forget your goals for the image.....Mine were get the skin right, keep the stone hefty, and make sure the grass is not too far gone...The window and lettering is also an area to look for improvements...

Greg

Attachments
ggcapture_06112009_100603-jpg
ggcapture_06112009_100603-jpg (122.93 KiB) Viewed 6510 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Ratz...

I just re-read your original posting...

I took your ACV, applied it to the stock image and then adjusted....
That will not work...you took multiple passes at the image to get to the last ACV....

ok...
Well let me take a fresh look at the image...
Greg

joann

Postby joann » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:20 pm

OK, I'm looking forward to it.
JoAnn H

Ratz...

I just re-read your original posting...

I took your ACV, applied it to the stock image and then adjusted....
That will not work...you took multiple passes at the image to get to the last ACV....

ok...
Well let me take a fresh look at the image...
Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:58 am

Hmmm...

Greg

I stand by the above parts ...There needs to be more weight to the stones....that translates to more shadow and midtone details...
Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”