Julie sum moon lake harbour

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:01 am

Dear Greg

followed the intructions and I think it went ok. I may have been a bit heavy on the contrast of the mask again. I watched the video again after doing it and it does warn against that. I just forgot.
I could not figure out how to clean up the mask and avoid changing the boat. Looks like I have forgotten last session.

I am starting a new job tomorrow. Same workplace but different role, and its my dream job so I need to give it my best. I may be a litle pre-occupied in the next couple of days but will do my best to get everything done.

julie
Attachments
sun-moon-lake-harbourscreen-jpg
sun-moon-lake-harbourscreen-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 3660 times
sun-moon-lake-harbourforweb-jpg
sun-moon-lake-harbourforweb-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 3660 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:43 am

To clean up the mask you have to copy it to the clip board and bring it back out to PS and paste it into a layer mask.  You can then paint on the mask with a black brush if needed.

If you just use the mask in CM you have to settle for what you can squeeze out of the mask.  CM allows you to do either one.
Masking does take a bit of practice especially if you have only done a litte bit of it in the past...it is hard to visualize the effect until you see it.

The advantage of using a layer mask is that you can set the opacity of the layer to help you blend in the masking...
Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”