Problem with Sun Moon Lake View from Temple

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
joann

Postby joann » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:51 pm

I have tried to put a K mask on this picture and when I move the mask curve points nothing happens. The sky doesn't get white and the rest of the picture doesn't get dark. Nothing changes. What am I doing wrong??
JoAnn H
Attachments
sun-moon-lake-2-jpg-wgcmyk-acv-2
(999 Bytes) Not downloaded yet

joann

Postby joann » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:55 pm

I think I've figured out that after I set the GCR to max black I go back to LAB....is this correct?
JoAnn H

I have tried to put a K mask on this picture and when I move the mask curve points nothing happens. The sky doesn't get white and the rest of the picture doesn't get dark. Nothing changes. What am I doing wrong??
JoAnn H

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:21 pm

If you use the K mask max GCR is the correct setting...

Let me know if you still have problems...
Greg

joann

Postby joann » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:34 pm

Yes, I'm really frustrated right now. This is what I'm doing. I open the photo, go to filter>curvemeister. Click on the mask carte>Click on K> My photo does not turn black & white.
It's like the mask isn't applied to the photo. The first screen shot is of Curvemeister interface, do I have something clicked that shouldn't be?
The second screen shot is after I've opened the mask carte and clicked on the K channel. The mask curve box appears but the photo does not turn B&W.
JoAnn H

If you use the K mask max GCR is the correct setting...

Let me know if you still have problems...
Greg

Attachments
my-interface-web-jpg
my-interface-web-jpg (120.2 KiB) Viewed 8429 times
ive-clicked-on-k-jpg
ive-clicked-on-k-jpg (116.56 KiB) Viewed 8429 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:32 pm

in your second shot...Can you click the mask Icon?  You have the mask cart set to display you can close it with the "x" after you choose the mask if it stays there...

Try clicking the mask and see if you see the b&w mask you are expecting.  If not let me know and we can look at settings to see what's going on...

Greg

joann

Postby joann » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:32 am

I do click on the mask and the mask curve box appears with the other curves but the photo does not turn b&w and when move the curve on the mask box nothing happens. In the attached screen shot I have X'd the mask carte closed. As you can see the photo does not have a mask on it.
JoAnn H

in your second shot...Can you click the mask Icon?  You have the mask cart set to display you can close it with the "x" after you choose the mask if it stays there...

Try clicking the mask and see if you see the b&w mask you are expecting.  If not let me know and we can look at settings to see what's going on...

Greg
Attachments
after-closing-mask-carte-web-jpg
after-closing-mask-carte-web-jpg (123.88 KiB) Viewed 8429 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:04 am

ok...try this...
change to the LAB color space...then click on the mask.
if that fails...
Click on the mask channel curve like you are going to adjust it....then click on the mask Icon like you wanted to bring up the mask cart...
Does that show the mask??
This might be related to choosing the K channel while in CMYK mode...which if true would be a bug...

If not I'm going to have to go to mike with this one...I have never seen it fail like that..

I'll test it that way as well...
Greg

joann

Postby joann » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:02 am

No, I'm not getting the mask. When I did the tassels it worked correctly...I think. I am not familiar enough with all the settings to know what I clicked. I know that I got it to work somehow and with the first Sun Moon Lake photo.
I'm going to hang it up for tonight. Maybe getting away from it a while will help.
JoAnn H

ok...try this...
change to the LAB color space...then click on the mask.
if that fails...
Click on the mask channel curve like you are going to adjust it....then click on the mask Icon like you wanted to bring up the mask cart...
Does that show the mask??
This might be related to choosing the K channel while in CMYK mode...which if true would be a bug...

If not I'm going to have to go to mike with this one...I have never seen it fail like that..

I'll test it that way as well...
Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Joann,

I know this will sound really petty...have you re-booted lately??
I'm wondering if this is a memory related issue...I could not make mine do this under any combination...

Greg

joann

Postby joann » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:13 pm

I turn off my computer every night and reboot in the morning. I have rebooted this morning and am still having the same problem. Obviously I am doing some thing wrong.
Give me the steps to do in 1. 2. 3. Kindergarten language. Don't leave anything out however elementary it may be.
1. open photo
2. Filter>Curvemeister
3. Click on Mask Carte
JoAnn H

Joann,

I know this will sound really petty...have you re-booted lately??
I'm wondering if this is a memory related issue...I could not make mine do this under any combination...

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”