JoAnn - Making a selection question

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
joann

Postby joann » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:47 pm

I've watched the video for creating a mask... I'm blown away by it. What a great way to make a mask.
I have a question though. I can't figure out how to "select" both ends of the curve to move as one unit.
I can move each end individually but can't get the gold cross to move both ends.
Thanks for your help.
JoAnn H

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:26 pm

If you place the mouse in the edge of the curve window....it should turn to a double headed bent arrow.... like a smile...this will allow you to left click and drag the arrow across the frame and rotate the curve line. 

I'll have to screen shot it later...my current PC is not catching the Mouse in the screen shot...  If you hover the mouse you should get a tools tip line to pop out as well...

Make sure you are on the correct channel before rotating...CM does not auto select the curve you set as a mask.  If you are in LAB and you choose a mask from the cart.  You could be rotating the L channel and not see your changes....

Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:45 pm

I'm having trouble with this too
Julie

I've watched the video for creating a mask... I'm blown away by it. What a great way to make a mask.
I have a question though. I can't figure out how to "select" both ends of the curve to move as one unit.
I can move each end individually but can't get the gold cross to move both ends.
Thanks for your help.
JoAnn H

joann

Postby joann » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:21 am

I have no trouble with the curved arrow, I need to move both ends of the curve points at the same time in the a channel to fine tune the mask. It's a + . In the video it is gold colored. To move one end it's black. Mike said to "select" the move arrow in order to move both points at the same time.
JoAnn H

If you place the mouse in the edge of the curve window....it should turn to a double headed bent arrow.... like a smile...this will allow you to left click and drag the arrow across the frame and rotate the curve line. 

I'll have to screen shot it later...my current PC is not catching the Mouse in the screen shot...  If you hover the mouse you should get a tools tip line to pop out as well...

Make sure you are on the correct channel before rotating...CM does not auto select the curve you set as a mask.  If you are in LAB and you choose a mask from the cart.  You could be rotating the L channel and not see your changes....

Greg

joann

Postby joann » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:27 am

Julie, I figured it out. Click at the top curve end, hold the shift key down, then click the bottome curve end. You will get the + arrow and now when you move the curve line both ends will move.
I thought it would turn gold color but that must have been Mike's cursor for the video. The + cursor will stay black.
JoAnn H

Julie

Thanks for your help.
JoAnn H

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:22 am

There is an infinite amount of adjust-ability in the masking area. 
You can click on the mask channel and then Ctrl-click on another point...It need not be the ends of the curve...
The goal is to make a mask that you can use elsewhere...there are no limits... simply do what ever you have to to make the mask.....

If you kick it around a bit the possibilities are really  mind blowing...

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:27 am

Joann,
you can be my best friend forever! I tried and tried and tried, and in the end just gave up and went out and for a while. And there was your answer when I got back. Thankyou.
Julie

Julie, I figured it out. Click at the top curve end, hold the shift key down, then click the bottome curve end. You will get the + arrow and now when you move the curve line both ends will move.
I thought it would turn gold color but that must have been Mike's cursor for the video. The + cursor will stay black.
JoAnn H

Julie

Thanks for your help.
JoAnn H

joann

Postby joann » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:17 pm

You are quite welcome.
Now if you can tell me how to make the skin correct in the Firetruck exercise that would be nice. lol,lol
I have worked several hours on this and just can't do it.
JoAnn H

Joann,
you can be my best friend forever! I tried and tried and tried, and in the end just gave up and went out and for a while. And there was your answer when I got back. Thankyou.
Julie

JoAnn H

Julie

Thanks for your help.
JoAnn H

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”