julie fruit using hue clocks

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:57 am

Greg
Not ahppy with this at all but couldn't make it any better by moving neutral around. I think my other attempt last week using shadow, highlight , neutral was better. Its all a bit pink but I didn't know how to make it better.
To finish I added a bit of contrast and sharpened
julie
Attachments
fruitlabscreen-jpg
fruitlabscreen-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 6378 times
fruitlabneutrals-jpg
fruitlabneutrals-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 6378 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:45 am

Julie...Try this...
on the image you have posted....
Localize the "pink" to an area that is the real give away, something that should absolutely not be pink.....Right Click and chose "mark" see shot1.  The dot on the curve is the mark I just set...this is the adjustment point.  Everything else is going to be control points to keep the curve going in the right direction.

In Shot 2 I "pin" the grid to the upper right so that I do not mess up the Greens.  In the center of the A curve right click and chose "Pin Grid" then chose upper right to pin the green side so it cannot move.

Adjust the marked spot by moving it up towards the center...remember the center of the grid is the neutral....Shot 3...Note that when I move the marked point up the worm gets longer...the three arrows you see are points I placed on the curve for control of the rest of the red and pinks...and I had to move them  around a bit to control the pink in the water melon.  Have patience and give this a try.  

Final shot is the image after this adjustment.

Attachments
screenshot001-jpg-115
screenshot001-jpg-115 (286.03 KiB) Viewed 6378 times
screenshot002-jpg-86
screenshot002-jpg-86 (75.4 KiB) Viewed 6378 times
screenshot003-jpg-54
screenshot003-jpg-54 (92.91 KiB) Viewed 6378 times
fruitlabneutrals_gg-jpg
fruitlabneutrals_gg-jpg (282.57 KiB) Viewed 6378 times

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:56 am

Greg
that is so good. I'm going to give it my best shot
Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:25 am

It's in there you just have to go get it....

Remember, I have seen these images a few times...I know where to point you...
When confronted with this type of problem you have to apply everything you have..your eyes can fool you...use the hue clocks...especially after looking at it for a few minutes...everything starts to look great...then you come back and look at the image...and...yeeech...what was I thinking...

I'm working on a wedding this evening and I limit myself to only 10 images then I quit for the night...Mistakes pile up and images start to look better than they are...

It's all part of the "learning curve" so to speak...the curve I used is a modified Dog Leg...

http://www.curvemeister.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special_Curves:_Dog_Leg
Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:52 am

Greg

forgot to save the acv file but I know this is better. I didn't understand that the middle of the graph is neutral-its good to know.

I do know its good to stop. My images get more and more saturated and the next day I wonder what the hell I was thinking. Hard to do when time at the computer is difficuot to find.
julie
Attachments
fruitwindowweek3greg-sugges-jpg
fruitwindowweek3greg-sugges-jpg (92.66 KiB) Viewed 6378 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:26 pm

You are correct it is better....
You might have gone too far with the Red correction as I am seeing some yellow in the frame...

I think you have the Idea...you need not re-do unless you just cannot sleep at night....

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”