JoAnn's Berkley Drummers

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:15 pm

better overall....
What are your thoughts about the car and the building in the background?? 

In the previous version I found the car has too much of a yellow cast to it and bringing the mid tones back just a bit helped it out...This is getting nit picky and I want you to tell me to go jump off a bridge if it looks right on your monitor...

Greg

joann

Postby joann » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:58 pm

I put hue clocks all over the photo and it looks like the car has magenta-red cast. Then I move them around and it gets a different cast. I put a hue clock on the arm up in the left hand corner and made a little correcton.
Don't jump off the bridge, I want to get this right. I'd say the car is silver but is getting reflections of other colors. And the building has blue in it again??? What do you say?
JoAnn H

better overall....
What are your thoughts about the car and the building in the background?? 

In the previous version I found the car has too much of a yellow cast to it and bringing the mid tones back just a bit helped it out...This is getting nit picky and I want you to tell me to go jump off a bridge if it looks right on your monitor...

Greg
Attachments
7screenshot-berkleydrummersweb-jpg
7screenshot-berkleydrummersweb-jpg (131.11 KiB) Viewed 6711 times
7-berkley-drummersweb-jpg
7-berkley-drummersweb-jpg (119.6 KiB) Viewed 6711 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:14 pm

Past experience tells me the building has a light blue pillar.  The car is mostly silver but like you I see color reflected in it.  The shadows and skin tones are in a good spot.  I think you just might have beaten this into the ground... ;D

Has this helped or hastened your frustration?  I really do want to help you get better images, but I want you to not be frustrated...
A larger part of the rest of the class is getting better at your judgments and intuition about the image you are correcting.  in a few of them the "right" correction is sometimes up for grabs....

Greg

joann

Postby joann » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:19 pm

I've got to say I am not sorry to see the Berkley Drummers go....
I'm really not frustrated I just am never certain I am doing the right thing. I think as we get used to what the curves really do, like do I move the curve up or down to increase or decrease the color....as that becomes more automatic, I'll feel better.
This reminds me of my very first class in PSE 2...where you know nothing. Each little bit of knowledge builds on skills learned.
Thanks for all your help.
JoAnn H

Past experience tells me the building has a light blue pillar.  The car is mostly silver but like you I see color reflected in it.  The shadows and skin tones are in a good spot.  I think you just might have beaten this into the ground... ;D

Has this helped or hastened your frustration?  I really do want to help you get better images, but I want you to not be frustrated...
A larger part of the rest of the class is getting better at your judgments and intuition about the image you are correcting.  in a few of them the "right" correction is sometimes up for grabs....

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:01 am

You are quite welcome.
I teach the class because I usually learn something new each time...
But I always try to be open to new ideas and I try to sense how you each are doing...

I worry about frustration mostly because the typed word is very restricting...
By the time you are done you will have spent 6 weeks in the curves world and done an awful lot of new things to your images...

Glad you are getting things going...

Greg

joann

Postby joann » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:30 am

Funny you should say that you learn something new..... It's true
I taught machine knitting for about 20 years and I always learned more than the student.
JoAnn H

You are quite welcome.
I teach the class because I usually learn something new each time...
But I always try to be open to new ideas and I try to sense how you each are doing...

I worry about frustration mostly because the typed word is very restricting...
By the time you are done you will have spent 6 weeks in the curves world and done an awful lot of new things to your images...

Glad you are getting things going...

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”