Julie Angkor Thom

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:17 pm

Greg,

Had trouble with rgb floating neutrals. I just couldn't seem to find a good neutral. Everytime I added the second one it went off. I read the suggestion to joann to put in three and tried that but this is the best I could manage. i know the colour is not right but i dont know what to do about it.

Unfortunately I lost the curve page. Still not sleeping well after night duty. Its like jet lag without the travel. I have another three nights to do next week.

I like the lab better. when I saturated colour the yellow post at the front became VERY yellow. I have tried to reduce it without affecting other things. I know its all a little golden but I like the warmth.

Julie

Julie
Attachments
angkorthomrgbweek2_edited-1-jpg
angkorthomrgbweek2_edited-1-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 3705 times
angkorlabscreen-jpg
angkorlabscreen-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 3705 times
angkorthomweek2_edited-1-jpg
angkorthomweek2_edited-1-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 3705 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Part of the floating neutral process is making sure that there is a great enough brightness separation.  If the neutrals are too close in brightness you get a tug-o-war for control of the curve.  Try 2 control points one in a deep shadow and one in a medium gray.  if you can get that to work out then move onto 3.

The idea is that you can have a shadow color cast and a different highlight color cast.  If you set neutral in both areas and then you need to adjust contrast you do not want to lose the neutral.

When we get to masks you will be able to come back and adjust just the post for color if you like..that is one of the strong points of masking.  you can adjust only what you need to adjust if you make a good mask.

Good job on this...Give the floating neutrals another try after seeing the solutions.

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”