JoAnn's Angkor Thom

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
joann

Postby joann » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:40 pm

I decided to do this so I could concentrate on the Wreath. I'm very uneasy about that one.
I was surprised to see the stairway appear on the left side of this photo. I'm thinking it needs more saturation but I don't want the stairway to disappear. What's the solution?
JoAnn H
Attachments
2007-12-04_130919-jpg-rgb-acv
(999 Bytes) Not downloaded yet
2007-12-04_whue-clock-jpg-rgb-acv
(999 Bytes) Not downloaded yet
screenshot-angkorthomweb-jpg
screenshot-angkorthomweb-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 3351 times
angkor-thom-examp-8-web-jpg
angkor-thom-examp-8-web-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 3351 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:38 pm

Joann,

This image sets the stage for Color By The Numbers.  It is really meant to show you that your pinned colors can control the neutral.  In RGB you can have multiple neutrals depending on the brightness...so for this image...Set a highlight and Shadow.  Then in the Grey area set 1 bright neutral by right clicking on a brighter spot and setting neutral...Find 1 spot that has a middle gray feel to it and set another neutral.  Then find a dark spot and set a third neutral.

now switch to one of the color channels and move one of the three points vertically...the corresponding points on the other two channels will move with the one you are adjusting..thus keeping the point you have selected as a neutral. 

Now...adjust the vertical placement of the points so you increase contrast but do not hide the stairs....play around a bit and move slowly...you'll find the spots you need to adjust to so that contrast is better overall...

Greg

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”