JoAnn's bear

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
joann

Postby joann » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:54 am

This was really hard. I hope to get at least a c+
It looks to me like the bear still has blue in his muzzle. I don't know how to get it out.
JoAnn H
Attachments
2008-01-18_062911-jpg-rgb-acv
(999 Bytes) Not downloaded yet
2008-01-18_062911-jpg-lab-acv
(999 Bytes) Not downloaded yet
capture_bear-web-jpg
capture_bear-web-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 5011 times
bear-fixedweb-jpg
bear-fixedweb-jpg (999 Bytes) Viewed 5011 times

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:57 am

Oh I'd say better than c+

You have everything...You even Identified the problem...Blue nosed Bears are not acceptable....
The cure for this is One of the biggest lessons in LAB color. 

Screen Shot 1 is your ACV file loaded on my image copy.  Note where I placed the neutral and the hue clock...they are not in the same place..I wanted to make sure I was a bit "darker" in my choice for the neutral.  The Highlights show the tone quite well but the mid tones have a lot more color to show....Note the LAB values in the hue clock.  Most certainly blue...

Shot3 is a enlarged version of the cure....

Let me try to explain...The Green Dot is your neutral that you set.  This does show up in the ACV file and it was a good choice. 

The red dot is the location if the hue clock.  I found this by putting the mouse over the hue clock marker and right clicking and setting a "mark".  This is the adjustment point.  I bent the curve downward on the blue side to try to make a point I have selected neutral.  It is possible to make a small break in the curve like this, the down side is the blue marker. 

Originally the blue marker was above the center axis line and the color was all wacked out. To fix the yellows I added this point to the curve and bent it back to the central axis line as shown.  The area that is circled has reacted to the bend in the curve above the neutral point.  Remember the curve is like a rope if you take up some rope on one end the other end is going to react...

This correction is used frequently to fix spot problems like the blue nosed bear.

Greg
Attachments
screenshot001-jpg-122
screenshot001-jpg-122 (84.21 KiB) Viewed 5011 times
screenshot002-jpg-93
screenshot002-jpg-93 (282.7 KiB) Viewed 5011 times
screenshot003-jpg-60
screenshot003-jpg-60 (234.94 KiB) Viewed 5011 times

joann

Postby joann » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Greg, My curve boxes do not look like yours. How do I set mine so that I have smaller grid like yours? I'm trying to fix the curve for the bear, I've reversed my boxes so that the light is on the left but I cannot get the curve like yours
JoAnn H

Oh I'd say better than c+

You have everything...You even Identified the problem...Blue nosed Bears are not acceptable....
The cure for this is One of the biggest lessons in LAB color. 

Screen Shot 1 is your ACV file loaded on my image copy.  Note where I placed the neutral and the hue clock...they are not in the same place..I wanted to make sure I was a bit "darker" in my choice for the neutral.  The Highlights show the tone quite well but the mid tones have a lot more color to show....Note the LAB values in the hue clock.  Most certainly blue...

Shot3 is a enlarged version of the cure....

Let me try to explain...The Green Dot is your neutral that you set.  This does show up in the ACV file and it was a good choice. 

The red dot is the location if the hue clock.  I found this by putting the mouse over the hue clock marker and right clicking and setting a "mark".  This is the adjustment point.  I bent the curve downward on the blue side to try to make a point I have selected neutral.  It is possible to make a small break in the curve like this, the down side is the blue marker. 

Originally the blue marker was above the center axis line and the color was all wacked out. To fix the yellows I added this point to the curve and bent it back to the central axis line as shown.  The area that is circled has reacted to the bend in the curve above the neutral point.  Remember the curve is like a rope if you take up some rope on one end the other end is going to react...

This correction is used frequently to fix spot problems like the blue nosed bear.

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:23 am

click on the wrench Icon and set up your dialogs as shown...these are my settings...

Actual Mileage May Vary...

Greg
Attachments
screenshot004-jpg-36
screenshot004-jpg-36 (36.22 KiB) Viewed 5011 times
screenshot001-jpg-121
screenshot001-jpg-121 (58.57 KiB) Viewed 5011 times
screenshot002-jpg-92
screenshot002-jpg-92 (56.28 KiB) Viewed 5011 times
screenshot003-jpg-59
screenshot003-jpg-59 (80.84 KiB) Viewed 5011 times

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”