Screen share session

This is the Class board for the Curvemeister 101 class.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:24 pm

During this class I will be willing to do at least 1 interactive session using Skype for voice and a screen sharing program I have a few I need to test to see how they perform so I'll let you know what you need to know the closer we get to the actual session.

I am looking for feedback as to how many would be interested, how willing people are to use Skype and, topics you are interested in seeing more information about.

Because we have people from all over the world we would need to schedule the session(s) pretty tightly and some coordination of connections to Skype for the conference call need to be arranged before we actually attempt this.

My current thoughts about this are:

1) Verify interest.
2) Ask people to download, install and configure Skype or another program capable of using the skype system to do the voice part of the session.
3) Schedule 1st session at least a week ahead of time for a Saturday. 
4) Sessions would be about 1 to 1.5 hours depending on interest and topics to cover.
5) Topics would need to be addressed before hand so we can focus on what you all want to see.

I am also thinking of offering single sessions to single users for specific trouble shooting and technique walk through as needed.  I am thinking that October 24th or November 7th are good target dates....

Also please list your time zone + / - GMT

I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on this. 
Greg

P.S. Mike may be able to attend as well.

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:04 am

Greg
I would be interested in this. I have skype installed but I'll have to understand what configured means for skype. I haven't used it yet. Saturdays are not always good for me as I work shift work but the ones mentioned are good and every Saturday is off in November (this is so rare).

Of course I haven't worked out what that means for me. I think you are 8 hours ahead of me. Its nearly 3 in the afternoon on Monday here. I can be really flexible. I can get up early or stay up late. I would prefer not to have to get up in the middle of the night but I'd consider it. My zone is GMT+11.

I don't know about topics. There is so much. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.  

I am on night duty this week and next week. It makes me stupid, tired and irritable. I will do what I can but if you could be aware that I struggle to get through the week I would appreciate it. Still want feedback though

Julie

During this class I will be willing to do at least 1 interactive session using Skype for voice and a screen sharing program I have a few I need to test to see how they perform so I'll let you know what you need to know the closer we get to the actual session.

I am looking for feedback as to how many would be interested, how willing people are to use Skype and, topics you are interested in seeing more information about.

Because we have people from all over the world we would need to schedule the session(s) pretty tightly and some coordination of connections to Skype for the conference call need to be arranged before we actually attempt this.

My current thoughts about this are:

1) Verify interest.
2) Ask people to download, install and configure Skype or another program capable of using the skype system to do the voice part of the session.
3) Schedule 1st session at least a week ahead of time for a Saturday.  
4) Sessions would be about 1 to 1.5 hours depending on interest and topics to cover.
5) Topics would need to be addressed before hand so we can focus on what you all want to see.

I am also thinking of offering single sessions to single users for specific trouble shooting and technique walk through as needed.  I am thinking that October 24th or November 7th are good target dates....

Also please list your time zone + / - GMT

I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on this.  
Greg

P.S. Mike may be able to attend as well.

eransh10

Postby eransh10 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:37 am

I am from Dallas so I am GMT -6.
I work in corporate america so it is mon-fri 8-5.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:54 am

In Minnesota I live by the same time rules...

It''s the Australia people that make this fun and interesting... ;)

Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:36 am

Greg

I presume this is not on this Saturday

Julie

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:20 pm

Does Nov 7th Work for you??
This Saturday is not possible for me...

Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:47 pm

Greg

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I put it in the check it later pile and forgot. That Saturday is fine for me. Now I just need to have a lesson in skype. I'll practice.

Julie

Does Nov 7th Work for you??
This Saturday is not possible for me...

Greg

joann

Postby joann » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:26 am

I don't have Skype. Although I'd like to do it. I'm going to be off Nov. 7th.
What do you have to do to get Skype?
JoAnn H

joann

Postby joann » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:42 am

OK, I have Skype installed. I have to get mic & headset.
I'm in Grove City, Ohio GMT-5  We are on daylight saving time right now but that will change Sunday November 1st.
JoAnn H

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:19 am

Ok..The attached Screen shot shows meeting times from:

1st column = GMT
2nd Column = Minneapolis
3rd Column = Melbourne
4th Column = Boston

Suggestions for a time are appreciated...My Saturday is pretty open...
I am willing to do an afternoon session if people want to...

Greg
Attachments
screenshot002-jpg-79
screenshot002-jpg-79 (28.98 KiB) Viewed 11576 times

Return to “Curvemeister 101 September 2009”